Coming to Adelaide to validate in just over a week

Guest MandisFam

Guest MandisFam

Hello folks, My family and I are coming to validate our visas in just over a weeks time. I was wondering if some of you could give some pointers on a couple of things.

Firstly, we need to buy 2 booster seats for the kids. They are 5 & 7. Whilst we are coming out on holiday, I think its going to be cheaper to get 2 booster seats from K Mart than hire 2 seats from the car hire company or even hire seats from a baby hire shop. I have looked on the K Mart website and they have them on there for about $20. Does this sound about right?

Secondly, can someone point me in the right direction for finding schools. We are staying in Morphett Vale and planning to look at some of the surrounding suburbs. We know we what to be in the south, but having had a look for schools in the area, the websites I have looked out are so confusing, just lists loads of schools and I really need to find schools by the suburb. Im sure there must be a website that would give me this information easily.

Thirdly, we are only in Adelaide for 2 weeks. Whilst we do want to do some research for the eventual move out, we also want to have some fun. We are planning on going to Kangaroo Island, Adelaide Zoo, and into the city itself. Obviously there is wine tasting too and we have our friends who are going to take us on that. But what else would you recommend to do with children aged 5 & 7??? O and we are going to spend time down in Victor Harbour as we have a friend down there. But anything else you could recommend would be great.

Many thanks in advance

Mandisfam

Guest Drumms

Visit Glenelg and take the kids on the tram into the city, if you planning to visit the city.

And time to get over the jetlag!

Have fun.

Guest nishman

4 yrs ago we were doing exactly the same :)

Victor Harbor has the horse drawn trams to Granite Island, possibly whales, Greenhills park (google it) and Urimbrae (sp.) wildlife park. It's lovely down there.

Clelend is a good day out for the family too.

If you do go to KI, "Paul's Place" is an excellent spot to take the family (a very interactive "farm")

Enjoy

Guest Roo1

Hiya Mary,

Yes, not long to go now! :) Here's a link to one of my previous posts about the Morphett Vale Mini Train ride, I'm sure you'll kids will love it.

See you soon,

Judi x

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/out-about/6602-morphett-vale-mini-train-rides.html

PS. Also have a look at this post started by Tamara not so long back, it has other ideas of things to do in the area. :)

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/out-about/16165-things-do-adelaide.html

Guest MandisFam

Hi folks,

Many thanks for your replies, they have all been of great help. We are really getting excited now, just cant wait to get there.

Mandisfam

Hello folks, My family and I are coming to validate our visas in just over a weeks time. I was wondering if some of you could give some pointers on a couple of things.

Firstly, we need to buy 2 booster seats for the kids. They are 5 & 7. Whilst we are coming out on holiday, I think its going to be cheaper to get 2 booster seats from K Mart than hire 2 seats from the car hire company or even hire seats from a baby hire shop. I have looked on the K Mart website and they have them on there for about $20. Does this sound about right?

Secondly, can someone point me in the right direction for finding schools. We are staying in Morphett Vale and planning to look at some of the surrounding suburbs. We know we what to be in the south, but having had a look for schools in the area, the websites I have looked out are so confusing, just lists loads of schools and I really need to find schools by the suburb. Im sure there must be a website that would give me this information easily.

Thirdly, we are only in Adelaide for 2 weeks. Whilst we do want to do some research for the eventual move out, we also want to have some fun. We are planning on going to Kangaroo Island, Adelaide Zoo, and into the city itself. Obviously there is wine tasting too and we have our friends who are going to take us on that. But what else would you recommend to do with children aged 5 & 7??? O and we are going to spend time down in Victor Harbour as we have a friend down there. But anything else you could recommend would be great.

Many thanks in advance

Mandisfam

Try and squeeze in Monarto the Gorge Wildlife park, of the two make the Gorge priority, you can get touchy feelt with Koalas, and its free to hold them.

Lots of animals at a fraction of the cost od Clelend.....

HG

Guest tinkham_lee
i Think greenhills park has now gone.

We were down at greenhills park at the beginning of March, so unless its closed since then, it will still be there.

Urumbirra wildlife park at Victor harbour, lots of Auzzie native animals, and you can feed the kangaroos and stroke koala bears.

Granite Island is a lovely walk, last time we were there we saw Dolphins, Seals and Penguins. It don't think its quite the season to see the whales at Middleton beach.

Adelaide Zoo, with the Giant pandas, good day out, park at the botanical garden car park $2 for 8 hours and walk through the gardens (make sure you park in the 8P car park)

Kuipto forest, is a lovely place to walk, you will probably see wild kangaroos and koalas, and possibly a snake.

Guest stufi1997

Greenhills is still there last time I looked....It has been sold to a developer who is going to build housing but not as yet...It's too cold for there just now in my opinion though!! The first whale of the season was spotted last weekend at Waitpinga and rumours of one off Port Elliot (Bashams). Bring the winter woolies if you're making your way to Victor though..........it's too cold! Have fun xx