Looking for information on the Salisbury Wiltshire area

Guest knsc

Guest knsc

Hi.

Is anyone from or living in the Salisbury Wiltshire area, I am looking for some information on good areas to live and any other relevant information about house rentals and the area. I am coming to live there for the next couple of years with my son while he attends school in near by Shrewton.

Thanks

Nigel.

Guest knsc

No you have it right. We are presently living in Bermuda but were planning on moving to Adelaide (we have pr visa already) when we found out my son has dyslexia. When we looked at what help was available in Australia for dyslexia we found that there was little or no help and we would be in the same situation as we are now, struggling to help him and not getting any were.

So we are planning on moving to the UK for the next two years while he attends a school for dyslexics to help him learn to work with his differences which should enable him to attend a regular school and then we will make our move to Adelaide.

So as I am not from the Salisbury area I was looking for information on what areas are best to avoid, were the best shops are and stuff like that as a little local knowledge can make a big difference.

Nigel

Salisbury is expensive, although very pretty and good shops, your nearest town with a good community and rentals will be Warminster. It is a squaddy town, although the entire area you are looking at is to be fair! Some really nice villages but not sure whether you'd lucky enough to get rentals as they're quite small!

Good site for houses = www.rightmove.co.uk

Let me know any specifics and I'll do my best to help, there is a lot of help for children with dyslexia in general in the area, a couple of my friends children have the same problem and they have had a lot of help!

When are you coming over, maybe I can introduce you?

Guest knsc

Thanks for the information

We are due to arrive in August for September school start. His School is in Shrewton so we are looking at being reasonably close by. I am going to sit down and see where we are at and just what we need to know, bit hard to think at the moment as so much going though our minds.

Nigel