Wahooooooo - visa granted!!!!!!!!!

Hazel M

The email that I thought would never come arrived this morning!!!

I can't believe it - been quite quick too - we only lodged the application on 20th Dec, I was hoping to have the visa around June /July........ am so excited now we have been granted!!

(Just need someone to buy the house now :arghh:)

Thank you all so much for everyone who has helped this far with invaluable advice as I've done all this without an agent!

I'm sure now though there'll be more questions than ever to come with the next stage....

I feel that much closer to the sun already :):):)

Hazel

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Congratulations !! That didn't take long at all, enjoy the whirlwind that approaches, all that you experience will be invaluable to others too :)

Guest Coleybear

Thats really great news! Just out of interested did you lodge the appliation with Australian High Commission in London and what time frame did they initially give you? We have been given a caseworker at AHC and told it will be about 3-4 months. Its a permanent spousal visa for my husband as myself and son have Australian passports. Any advice you have would be great and once again CONGRATS!!!

Thats really great news! Just out of interested did you lodge the appliation with Australian High Commission in London and what time frame did they initially give you? We have been given a caseworker at AHC and told it will be about 3-4 months. Its a permanent spousal visa for my husband as myself and son have Australian passports. Any advice you have would be great and once again CONGRATS!!!

Thanks everyone... it's been a fab day!!!!

Coleybear I lodged the application online from the DIAC website - nothing in paper was sent (apart from medicals) - all just scanned and attached.

The timeframe that was available on the website for our visa was within 12 months of lodgment date. Hope that helps :)

Hazel.

Guest WhatNow?

Well done -from one YamYam to another. Look us up when you get here. If you need any help getting settled try the nice ladies at Home2Home Settlements, they will hold your hand all the way! www.h2h.com.au.

Guest angiestaff
The email that I thought would never come arrived this morning!!!

I can't believe it - been quite quick too - we only lodged the application on 20th Dec, I was hoping to have the visa around June /July........ am so excited now we have been granted!!

(Just need someone to buy the house now :arghh:)

Thank you all so much for everyone who has helped this far with invaluable advice as I've done all this without an agent!

I'm sure now though there'll be more questions than ever to come with the next stage....

I feel that much closer to the sun already :):)

Hazel

congratulations hazel, you must be feeling so happy right now, it brings it all back on how happy we felt when we read our visa email.

b4 u come over pop over to my parents house and say hi to them for me! lol (they live in halesowen which isn't too far from wolverhampton) ;)

look forward to having you here, ange x

Guest P00hbear

No more checking e-mails every morning.

Tell me about it!!!!! You watch the new mails come through..... scanning for the name of your case officer!

We are at that stage.... it's so frustrating.... we have just been asked bo pay the 2nd instalment of the VAC but it still doesn't say we have actually got our visa - surely they wouldn't take over £3000 from us and then say no???? Anyone know what happens once you've paid the visa charge? :arghh: