theres just no passion on here anymore!!

Guest me123

Guest me123

when i first joined this forum..there was healthy debate..some good some bad some down right cr*p.. but never the less there was passion..people lovin it in oz ,people hatin it in oz, people longin to return to the uk and people in the uk desperate to get to oz.....now it's become so controlled it's....boring:arghh: bring back the PASSION!! be it good or bad!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always room for healthy debate and everyone is entitled to bring their experiences good and bad to the forum. However It is a public site that can be accessed by non members as well as members and as such is governed by rules to stop defamation, slander and personal attacks. Litigation is now catching up with the cyber world as some people have found out and businesses and some people view it seriously. So unfortunately the debates have to be controlled to a certain extent when business become named for bad works and people are personally attacked. It will never be like the banter you may get at the pub or at a bbq.

Guest me123

i hear ya ...but i am also on another site in oz..and used to dance between the two...but seems on this one...the passion has died ..seems all folk want to do on here..is introduce themselves(good thing)..or sell something...theres not alot for them in the uk looking on here to see some of the downy bits...some things you discover when you get here..are quite a shock..some stuff is fab..well that was the point i was trying to make anyway....not looking for a fight

Yes I agree with you it's good that people can talk about the bad, because this isn't just another branch of the UK, it is a foreign country and people need to know that....some jobs don't pay as much, schooling is totally different, but not necessarily worse, fewer choices in some areas, it is going to be hard, very few people arrive and settle without a few hiccups. Hey your comment was not looking for a fight, I know this.

Well I don't know, Stevo for one example does a pretty good job of bringing some passion into it! The site's only as good as its contributors though and if people get all het up about a few jokey comments (I'm thinking of the Clairvoyants thread here!) then those of us with an opinion think twice about posting it sometimes (only twice though, and that doesn't always stop me....!)

Feel free to post up something controversial yourself if you like - as long as it doesn't constitute libel or defamation in any way, go for it! Just be prepared for differing opinions in response and don't be like some and get your knickers in a twist if everyone doesn't agree!!

One thing I have noticed is that when there is a 'lively' debate, some people seems to take things so personally. It's just a forum guys, different views don't mean someone is getting at you. By all means have your say & disagree with others but don't take responses so seriously. We are all different, like & dislike different things about here, UK & life in general, it's what makes our lives so interesting. Having the good, the bad & the ugly on here is what it's all about isn't it?

Guest Team 'W'

I must say i havent been on for a while ,but whenever someone makes a comment about how bad their life is since coming out here,wether it be the prices ,health costs, dental costs, ambulance cover,or just being able to pay the bills ,and shopping ,and god forbid running a car,you always get the stupid people who come out with statements like [WELL GO BACK THE UK IF YOUR NOT HAPPY] these people are not slagging of ozz they are really concerned about there life here,they want to know if its just them that are going thru it or if there are other suffering like they are,

Its not easy getting a job in some cases,and if you have children its a toss up cut down on the food to buy a pair of trainers for the kids, or sacrifice your wine or beers[in some cases its not a bad thing to do] to treat the kids.

This all adds to the stress , it isnt easy living here,and it dus take a long time to ajust to the way they do things over here, again its not slagging of ozz ,it is a learning curve ...

But unless your here knowbody knows what lies ahead of them, and what its gonna cost you in the long run ...

So people get on here ask your questions, if your going thru a rough patch ,dont forget the person next to you might be going thru the same thing,and they to might need a helping hand or a bit of support,or just to talk to someone ,let of a bit of steam [god knows i could have blown a few times]but dont let the mindless idiots who get on here and acuse you of slagging of ozz put you down ,you are only voicing your opinions,

Theres days when i love ozz and feal so privaleged to be here walking along the beach ,watching the surfers in the waves, saying goodmorning to all who walk by me,getting into lovely conversations with some of the old darlings walking their dogs ....

But some days i could quite happily board the plane back and not think twice..

I have been here nine months now, and still have good days and lousy days ,but im only human..

ELAINE XX

Well I don't know, Stevo for one example does a pretty good job of bringing some passion into it!

Im sorry but its not passion that stevo brings to this forum. the lady that posted about clairvoyant's asked for recommendations not for peoples opinions on it..are we saying people cant ask for recommendation without being questioned (or have the piss taken out of them) on there beliefs??? if she had asked what everyones thoughts were on the subject then by all means give you opinion but make it constructive not one liners like stevo, put there just to flare up an argument...

i dont visit clairvoyants, dont know of any so i dont comment ..easy......

I will now sit back and wait for the abuse ("passion" whatever you want to call it):rolleyes:

Jo:wubclub:

Guest Guest75

There is a difference between Passion and argumentativeness.

The line can be blurred at times.

I agree totally with Rachel's comments.

People do post the bad and good sides to life here.

This is a forum to discuss all aspects of migration to SA & life here, not Facebook or for folk's entertainment in a way:confused:

I see you have mentioned this before...........

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/barbie/14361-wakey-wakey.html

The forum can have quiet times - and some busy times,perhaps you have just looked in at the wrong time.??

Guest Guest5035
Well I don't know, Stevo for one example does a pretty good job of bringing some passion into it! QUOTE]

who me................;)

Guest Guest5035
Im sorry but its not passion that stevo brings to this forum. the lady that posted about clairvoyant's asked for recommendations not for peoples opinions on it..are we saying people cant ask for recommendation without being questioned (or have the piss taken out of them) on there beliefs??? if she had asked what everyones thoughts were on the subject then by all means give you opinion but make it constructive not one liners like stevo, put there just to flare up an argument...

i dont visit clairvoyants, dont know of any so i dont comment ..easy......

I will now sit back and wait for the abuse ("passion" whatever you want to call it):rolleyes:

Jo:wubclub:

My recommendation was that they are all a bunch of Mumbo jumbo rip offs

stevo;)

Guest Guest5035
i dont visit clairvoyants, dont know of any so i dont comment ..easy.....Jo:wubclub:

my oh actually has been there done that twice and ALSO been to two shows in theatres and WE stand by the rip off comment.

stevo

my oh actually has been there done that twice and ALSO been to two shows in theatres and WE stand by the rip off comment.

stevo

Your not really getting what im trying to say...the lady asked for recommendations not opinions (valid or not)......im sure you will try to have the last word on this but i have made my point so im happy..

Jo

Ok so they didn't post "hey what does everyone think of Clairvoyants?" but they did post a thread with the heading "clairvoyants" so sometimes if someone has a view one way or another, that is an invitation to add to the thread, imho. Also, whether the comments are good and bad, other people posting does keep the thread in the "New Posts" list, so it's more likely to be seen by others (who may well be able to answer the original question!) rather than just dropping off the page into oblivion! Different people use the site in different ways: I for one just click on New Posts when I come on, so I don't waste my time scrolling through stuff I've read before, and I may not be the only one...

SO my view is, any answer is a useful answer in one way or another.... might not be what you want to hear, but it's an open forum with a variety of people viewing and posting, so live and let live everyone, and consider what would happen if you threw a similar question into a group of people in the pub...not a lot different to what happens here really!! If someone posts an opinion that differs to yours, then by all means reply and give them reason to consider other viewpoints - don't slag them off for having one though!

Guest needtogonow

stevo

You wouldn't happen to be a sceptic by any chance would you?

Bex

Guest Guest75
You wouldn't happen to be a sceptic by any chance would you?

Bex

Nah - he has some ointment for it.

Or it may have be removed:biglaugh::biglaugh: (Tyke laughs passionately)

Guest needtogonow
Nah - he has some ointment for it.

Or it may have be removed:biglaugh::biglaugh: (Tyke laughs passionately)

Aha now I C the point!

Bex

Guest Sophie

I do agree. I think people are reluctant to say anything remotely negative about Adelaide for fear of the response from people. I used to use this site prior to moving here and there were always healthy debates which are really useful for those coming out and for those already here.

Guest Guest75

For Gawd's sake!!!!

I think a lot of people have forgotten what this forum is really about.

One person posts that the forum no longer offers some "entertainment value" and everyone goes into defence/argument/prat mode.:skeptical:

How about you go and give Squareman some support at the moment regarding his very sad news........ THIS is what the forum is about.

I see this thread has had a lot more views and posts than this one.............

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/16864-not-meant.html

BTW - not talking to any one specific.