Get "Cash Back" in South Australia

We have been totally amazed by the amount of cash rebates that are available and it's just a case of fillng in a form and getting a cheque or money paid into your account. Some of the cash rebates may influence new migrants as what not to bring with them (washing machines for example).

I will give you some examples and maybe others can add to them?

We have received the following money back from the South Australian government in the past 3 years:

$200 for buying a new washing machine with a 4 and a half star water rating. If you buy a washer for $700 you get $200 back so it costs $500. This rebate is per person so if you need more than one washing machine then the rebate needs to be in another family members name.

$100 rebate for a purchase of garden mulch to the value of more than $150.

We received $1600 rebate for a replacement solar powered hot water system.

From March you get $200 rebate for purchasing a water tank. We bought two tanks earlier this year and missed the $200 per tank but we did get $800 back for having the tank plumbed into the toilet. The tank cost $800, the pump $200 and the plumbing was $400 so the lot cost us $600 with the rebate and we now have thousands of litres of water for the pool as well. With the extra $200 available since March this would now cost $400.

We just bought a new solar blanket for the swimming pool. It cost $500 and the rebate is $200.

We have replaced toilets in our homes. For each one we received $150 back as a rebate.

The web site for the rebates and download of forms is

Home Rebates Overview - SA Water

There are rebates for solar power installations and all sorts of other things.

Maybe others can post some examples and save me and everone else some more money as well?!

Tamara:)

Guest The Dimmocks

Will remember this for when we buy our own place. We got the washing machine one when we brought ours.

Thanks

Michelle

We have been totally amazed by the amount of cash rebates that are available and it's just a case of fillng in a form and getting a cheque or money paid into your account. Some of the cash rebates may influence new migrants as what not to bring with them (washing machines for example).

I will give you some examples and maybe others can add to them?

We have received the following money back from the South Australian government in the past 3 years:

$200 for buying a new washing machine with a 4 and a half star water rating. If you buy a washer for $700 you get $200 back so it costs $500. This rebate is per person so if you need more than one washing machine then the rebate needs to be in another family members name.

$100 rebate for a purchase of garden mulch to the value of more than $150.

We received $1600 rebate for a replacement solar powered hot water system.

From March you get $200 rebate for purchasing a water tank. We bought two tanks earlier this year and missed the $200 per tank but we did get $800 back for having the tank plumbed into the toilet. The tank cost $800, the pump $200 and the plumbing was $400 so the lot cost us $600 with the rebate and we now have thousands of litres of water for the pool as well. With the extra $200 available since March this would now cost $400.

We just bought a new solar blanket for the swimming pool. It cost $500 and the rebate is $200.

We have replaced toilets in our homes. For each one we received $150 back as a rebate.

The web site for the rebates and download of forms is

Home Rebates Overview - SA Water

There are rebates for solar power installations and all sorts of other things.

Maybe others can post some examples and save me and everone else some more money as well?!

Tamara:)

So you are the one who has been keeping my mate busy in the rebates office then? :)

Yep!

Can you please ask him to speed things up. We are still waiting for the $800 from the tank and the $200 from the pool cover.

That's a good deposit for a solar electricity installation! (which can be paid off monthly...and you get the cash from ETSA for feeding electricity into the grid. If I had enough roof space I could start my own power generation business!!!

Guest kangomik

Samsung also did an extra rebate on some of their washers. adding upto another $150 dollars off the price, Beats second hand ebay items hands down!

I don't think fridges and freezers are coverd, its more water saving and green energy items.

The garden stuff is every year so you get money off water tanks to, sorry not off, but rebated. You can get money rebated for having compost bins too... All adds up

Ok am trying to do rebates as quick as I can, pretty up to date with most of them but about a month behind with Rain water tanks because people keep buying them!!. You can also get $30 for replacing a shower head. Oh and Visas are not checked so makes no difference if you are permanent or not.

Guest Lulujim
I'm right in thinking you have to be permanent to get these right?

Nope - we're on a 475 and get all these too.

Another couple - $1600 towards loft insulation and $100 back for implementing an irrigation system. Certianly pays to be green here :idea:

Brilliant!

These rebates are available for everyone. Residence has nothing to do with it. Tennants can claim them too.

With the shower heads I think that they will send someone out to change your old shower head to a new one with a flow rate below 9 litres per minute. They also send someone out to change all your house light bulbs to the energy saving type.

Guest n_n_d

To add to the growing list

We are customers of AGL and under 'Assist' they conduct a free home energy assessment worth up to $270. All these are free - 8 light bulbs, low flow showerhead and a PC energy saving device.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest n_n_d
Hi Tamara

Is it the link above for changing your light bulbs as well as could not see anything

Thanks

If you phone AGL assist (131766) they will arrange an appointment with you which will probably be in a month's time. We got 6 light bulbs 15+20w, 2 x computer eco buttons and 2 x shower heads.

Hope this helps

I found this:

Free Light Globes & Shower head (SA residents only)

July 05, 2009 Hits: 360 favorite.png 0 favorite_add.png

tn_344_truenergy_1246799757.jpg

review_user.png

0.0 (0)

Tru Energy is offering South Australian residents the opportunity to receive Free Light Globes and Shower heads when you book an in-home assessment. This service will provide you with an assessment on your home fixtures to decide if you need upgrading to energy efficient light globes and water saving shower heads. You could receive up to 8 free light globes and free water saving shower heads to help you save on water and energy costs. You could save up to $210 in the first year alone. If you would like to take them up on this service simply make a booking on their 1300 number, to start making a change to your water and energy costs.

If you phone AGL assist (131766) they will arrange an appointment with you which will probably be in a month's time. We got 6 light bulbs 15+20w, 2 x computer eco buttons and 2 x shower heads.

Hope this helps

What are computer eco buttons - what do they do?

• 2 months later...
Guest cornish Busdriver
Brilliant!

Does the same apply for friges & freezers? Only we are debating whether to bring ours or just buy when we get there.

Also on that note - we are going to rent, so do rentals usually have these appliances?

Kind Regards

Von

Yes it does, we got a rebate when we got our new fridge frezzer but cant remember how much.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just an update on a major financial outlay and opportunity....Solar Power Installations that feed into the grid.

I have had three houses fitted with solar panels and inverters to feed power into the grid.

The rebate for each house was around $7000.

I pay $100 per month over 24 months to Origin to pay off the balance interest free. (it's now 12 months).

However, the rebate is being reduced in 3 months time.

Also the feed in tarriff (the "cap" limit for the number of KW that they pay you for feeding into the power grid) has been exceeded so you need to get your solar system installed asap to take advantage of the rebates and get on their books for the feed in tarriff.

Tamara