Men's clothing here in adelaide

sueoc

Gentlemen,i am sure there must be lots of guys in the UK who are about to migrate here and are wondering what the clothes are like here.What advice would you give?Regarding fashion and quality i think there are a few good brands out here,i quite like Esprit,Jag,Rusty,Globe and Elwood,plus one or two more.However,there is lots of cr.p here ,loud multicoloured stuff of poor quality that makes Primark look like Armani!And then we have the shoes!Of course if you pay big bucks then you will find something,but quality here IMO is expensive,more so than in the better quality shops in the UK,Like River Island,Principles and Next.Styles are different,but i do think you will find one you like if you search around.What do you guys think?:)

Guest lastboyscout

I get alot of my clothes from op-shops, found Mossimo jeans for $10, some RM Williams for $8 and loads of Penguin/Lacoste polos, they might have been pre-loved by someone else, but look past the snobbiness and find yourselves a bargain. :biglaugh:

I however refuse to buy the trainers here, they are awful, and am so glad for www.sportsdirect.com and in-laws who don`t mind posting them out :D

My advice for men before coming over here is fill ya case with TK Maxx gear and thanks will not be accepted (but a nice pair of G-Star jeans from TK Maxx waist size 36 will be greatly appreciated )

I get alot of my clothes from op-shops, found Mossimo jeans for $10, some RM Williams for $8 and loads of Penguin/Lacoste polos, they might have been pre-loved by someone else, but look past the snobbiness and find yourselves a bargain. :biglaugh:

I however refuse to buy the trainers here, they are awful, and am so glad for www.sportsdirect.com and in-laws who don`t mind posting them out :D

My advice for men before coming over here is fill ya case with TK Maxx gear and thanks will not be accepted (but a nice pair of G-Star jeans from TK Maxx waist size 36 will be greatly appreciated )

That's a great post mate,luv it!!:)

Guest Guest75

I find the Rivers outlet shop at Morphett Vale gives some great deals on outdoors /work clothes. $17 for quality long sleeved work/outdoor shirts - buy loads when the offers come up.:D

I sometimes actually wear what Mrs Tyke buys and tells me to wear:notworthy:

Not much into designer gear as I cannot justify the price ,Last Boy Scout has the right idea!

I don't even recognise most of the names you mention Sue.

Dressing to please other is such a shallow thing IMO.

I find the Rivers outlet shop at Morphett Vale gives some great deals on outdoors /work clothes. $17 for quality long sleeved work/outdoor shirts - buy loads when the offers come up.:D

I sometimes actually wear what Mrs Tyke buys and tells me to wear:notworthy:

Not much into designer gear as I cannot justify the price ,Last Boy Scout has the right idea!

I don't even recognise most of the names you mention Sue.

Dressing to please other is such a shallow thing IMO.

Yup,cant disagree with that!

Guest cafehag

Just spent a most frustrating day looking for a new suit. Having failed in Myer, Harris Scarfe and David Jones, I stumbled into Peter Shearer in the basement of Adelaide Arcade.

At last, a proper gentlemens outfitters, very similar to Slaters menswear in the UK. They even have four onsite tailors for alterations - highly recommended.

Guest JACK JONES

Mens Clothes shops in Adelaide are rubbish. Most of them are the sort of shops you wouldnt even think about going inside, if you were in England.

Axel Beers is the only decent one i have found. Gee-star isnt bad either, but the choices are limited.

You can spend a whole day looking for something, and still go home empty handed.

Adelaide needs to get with the times, it needs more mens clothes shops.

Women seem to have hundreds of shops they can go to.

The only thing for us to do, is go to Melbourne or Sydney.

And dont even get me started on looking for trainers. Rebel sports is a shop the size of a warehouse, but it has the worst selection of trainers i have ever seen.

CATCH UP ADELAIDE !!!!