Whats Barmera like?

fluffy

Hi

Can anyone tell me what Barmera is like? Names of any schools and how far is it from Calvery North Hospital?

. Continue on Scott Av, Barmera - head towards Roundabout48m2. At the roundabout - take the 1st exit onto Barwell Av, Barmera32m

3. Continue along Fowles St, Barmera0.5km

4. Turn right onto Sturt Hwy, Barmera174.9km

5. Continue along Gawler Bypass Rd, Kingsford8km

6. Continue along Main North Rd, Evanston South at Trinity College34.1km

7. Veer right onto Barton Tce W, North Adelaide at The Caledonian Hotel0.8km

8. Veer left onto Mills Tce, North Adelaide0.2km

9. Continue along Hill St, North Adelaide0.6km

10. Arrive at Hill St, North Adelaide

Sub Total 219.3km 2hr 30min

EndCalvary North Adelaide Hospital

89 Strangways Tce, North Adelaide, SA

Barmera is quite nice uased to have to go up that way with my repping job....got some friends who go up that way camping and the like....

Its a bit of a drive to the hospital tho i am afraid...

Hope this helps....

HG

Barmera is a lovely place to visit and is part of the Riverland - our Orange growing capital in Adelaide (amongst other things) and a country town for South Australia. The Riverland has been impacted by the drought especially. If you are planning on finding work there it definitely would be worth checking out what is available before you go.

Guest guest3462

Barmera is lovely sat on the banks of Lake Bonney, but it is miles away from anywhere and a long way from the hospital. There are also loads of strange locust type flies that swarm in the summer....seen them both times we have been. We love to go there for holidays, but as Lindsey says, its a bit too remote for me!!! (Also I thought IMHO that it looked a bit ye olde town ie lots of little old dears.....)

Good luck with your research though

JC

Guest Aussie pat

Aussie Pat's other half here

Agree with most things already said. Bear in mind it's not completely isolated though. In that area of the Riverland, you've got a cluster of small towns - Berri, Loxton, Waikerie and the biggest - Renmark. It was the advent of irrigation which brought about settlement. Oranges already mentioned, big grape growing area too. Berri winery one of biggest in Oz if not the biggest. Not an expert on local employment opportunities, but Barmera and other towns are small. Guessing Barmera has population of 1 or 2 thousand. Murray lovely there, and people friendly too. If you like small town life, a good option, but if you like city lights, then think carefully. Just trying to be helpful, not put you off.