New Australia Ad, what does everyone think?

HEAPS GOOD !!!

What do you think to the new Ad?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think to the new Ad?

• Heaps Good
    • Good
    • OK
    • Poor
    • Good Images poor Music
    • Good Music Poor Imges

Very cliché.

Uninspiring predictable music.

Obviously made by people on the east coast, lots of images of Sydney, Melbourne, nothing from Adelaide (or Canberra or Perth?) that I noticed.

Lots of people are going to stay away from Australia at the moment because of the strong aussie dollar, so they've got an uphill struggle.

Don't think this ad will help that much!

For that amount of money and with the talent that's here I am sure that it could have been better.

What about making it easier for people to visit. It's easy with our passports but it's a nightmare for others. As an example; If a South African wants to come here as a tourist they need a letter of invitation from an Aussie resident. They then have to provide details of their South African employment, a letter from their employer stating that they will be on leave and there's a job waiting for them, bank statements etc. It is just so oppressive that many just don't bother.

Tweak the system...get more people here but put systems in place to make sure they don't overstay or become illegals. Australia is a long haul destination which is deterrent enough. Spend some cash on making it easier for those who already want to visit.

Just a thought!

Tamara

It's somewhere betwen poor and okay for me. Some good images that are well photographed but it's all so predictable, and the music is trashy. If I gave a brief to an ad agency to boost tourism and they came back with 'we'll use images of the GBR, parrots, koalas, the harbour bridge, someone having a bbq, an Aboriginal guy standing in front of Uluru, some gushing people raising glasses of the 'amber fluid' in a pub and top it all with fireworks over the opera house' I'd asuume they were pulling my leg, would laugh a little to show I'd got the joke ... then show them the door once I realised they were serious.

The nature of clichés is that they don't show anything new or different or unexpected, and I'm disappointed the creative types were so bereft of ideas and the decision makers were so easily impressed with the same old thing.

Surprise the would-be visitor with some snow, mention the world's oldest rainforest, make more of the great wine producing areas, show fantastic food, the arts (without the opera house, pur-lease!), the beauty of some quiet harbour town, the inner city diversity, the imaginative modern architecture, the grand victorian arcades ...

Jim

It's somewhere betwen poor and okay for me. Some good images that are well photographed but it's all so predictable, and the music is trashy. If I gave a brief to an ad agency to boost tourism and they came back with 'we'll use images of the GBR, parrots, koalas, the harbour bridge, someone having a bbq, an Aboriginal guy standing in front of Uluru, some gushing people raising glasses of the 'amber fluid' in a pub and top it all with fireworks over the opera house' I'd asuume they were pulling my leg, would laugh a little to show I'd got the joke ... then show them the door once I realised they were serious.

The nature of clichés is that they don't show anything new or different or unexpected, and I'm disappointed the creative types were so bereft of ideas and the decision makers were so easily impressed with the same old thing.

Surprise the would-be visitor with some snow, mention the world's oldest rainforest, make more of the great wine producing areas, show fantastic food, the arts (without the opera house, pur-lease!), the beauty of some quiet harbour town, the inner city diversity, the imaginative modern architecture, the grand victorian arcades ...

Jim

So spot on Jim. What do you think of the current campaigns by SA Tourism Commission - recharge promotions for interstate, cellar door for both SA and Nation? I think they need to recruit some of the SATC folks to Tourism Australia next time they want to begin another marketing campaign!

Guest needtogonow

The images were OK but the music is just too cheesy. They would have been better putting it to a cooler, upbeat song such as the Stereophonics "feeling Good".

Guest Nikkic

I love it! I can see people watching that overseas and wanting to be in those images. Australia is a beautiful country with happy people that love the country they live in, this add showcases exactly that.

It runs along side an image campaign on the australia.com web site.

All in all in what is a very tough tourism climate I think they have done a great job.

Guest JayBone

Just watched it....OH MY GOD! The music kills it, yet the first 5 seconds of the advert sent shivers down my spine, and then the pianist started and i felt....weird?!?

Best bit though...............There's nothing like here, there...this bear, and then the guys says...it's not a bear!! class

Guest rich

I just notice the words 'nothing' and 'australia'. With my teacher hat on I'd tell my students not to include a word with negative connotations in a sentence with a positive purpose, unless you're really clever about it, or making some kind of intelligent pun. To me it feels like 'nothing' jumps out too much.

Also it feels a bit as if the director has reached into the images and videos drawer marked 'Stock Footage of Australia #1' and put together a montage.

It should have focused on more of the things that people don't know about Australia, like maybe for example the different wine regions or even the man on my road who never changes his vest.

Guest guest3462

I think they should change the name to "its nothing like the REAL Australia!"

But it does what it says on the tin and promotes Australias biggest profiting tourist areas. The music lets it down badly by making the viewer feel that all aussies are duffers yet again!!!