I P Addresses??????

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Guest sarahsmartiepants

OH YEAH AND STOP COMING ON HERE WITH 2 OR 3 DIFFERENT NAMES IF ANYONE DOES AND THE MODS KNOW POST THEM

Just a thought here...

If there is one computer in the house and 2 or 3 people use it , or have wi fi laptops, then there could be 2 or 3 peole with different log in names. Just because there is 2 or 3 peole at one IP address doesnt mean they are the same person.

As for changing name on a different forum, I dont think that is a big deal, I know loads of people who have a different log in on different sites.

And while I am on the subject, I was told by someone that anyone can check out someones IP address, with a download that is readily available, they said they would send me a link but didnt yet....so question is soes any one out ther know about this????

Yes, Every computer connected to the internet has an IP address associated with it. This can be tracked and it is common place. If you type into google "what is my IP address" you will be able to find out your own address. This is also used to stop undesirables visiting websites / forums etc i.e. you ban a particular users computer etc in simple terms.

Interestingly enough with certain software packages (tracking software) you can use to track what web users do on your site for instance you can see how many folk have visited from each town in the world, the pages they went, the links they clicked on, how long they stayed, where the left etc etc... The same is true if you have the google tool bar (any other toolbar). Most professional websites will track visitors and record iP addresses etc......

Guest dglamoore

Interestingly enough with certain software packages (tracking software) you can use to track what web users do on your site for instance you can see how many folk have visited from each town in the world, the pages they went, the links they clicked on, how long they stayed, where the left etc etc... The same is true if you have the google tool bar (any other toolbar). Most professional websites will track visitors and record iP addresses etc......

Yes I use that on the websites I build so clients can track their visitors and see where they come from, pages viewed etc. Interesting to see what people pop up where and how often sometimes :cute:

Lisa :v_SPIN:

Guest Trakki
OH YEAH AND STOP COMING ON HERE WITH 2 OR 3 DIFFERENT NAMES IF ANYONE DOES AND THE MODS KNOW POST THEM

Just a thought here...

If there is one computer in the house and 2 or 3 people use it , or have wi fi laptops, then there could be 2 or 3 peole with different log in names. Just because there is 2 or 3 peole at one IP address doesnt mean they are the same person.

This I agree with, me and Pete post separately on here with different log in names but obviously with the same IP address and we are definitely different people.

Tracey

As for changing name on a different forum, I dont think that is a big deal, I know loads of people who have a different log in on different sites.

Hi Sarah,

You have an absolute right to call yourself whatever you want and the absolute right to protect your identity so I agree with you. I would go so far to say that your bank demand you protect your identity.:)

I use TACD for all of my migration web visits but I use a different username for my motorsport hobby.

As for tracking, heck i say to trackers, track away but reveal my identity at your peril. (Its a crime in the UK and many other countries.)

Guest Django

Can't see in issue. Call yourself what you like. If you get bored with your name change it. If you want 2 or 3 accounts then have them. That way you can talk to yourself so people think you have friends.:biglaugh:

I have 2 accounts on one of my forums. I use one account to be 'one of the lads' and one in my role as admin. Its quite amusing when I moderate a post and then get a PM from the offender to my user account telling me what a nasty person I am for doing so. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest dglamoore
If you want 2 or 3 accounts then have them. That way you can talk to yourself so people think you have friends.:biglaugh:

hehe will have to try that one myself :biglaugh::biglaugh: I agree - call yourself what you want and say what you want, after all that is what forums are about.

Lisa:v_SPIN:

I have 2 accounts on one of my forums. I use one account to be 'one of the lads' and one in my role as admin. Its quite amusing when I moderate a post and then get a PM from the offender to my user account telling me what a nasty person I am for doing so. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Ditto, did you ever end up admonishing yourself?:biglaugh:

Guest Django
Ditto, did you ever end up admonishing yourself?:biglaugh:

No but I did make someone a moderator and the first thing she did was moderate one of my posts. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Guest75
Can't see in issue. Call yourself what you like. If you get bored with your name change it. If you want 2 or 3 accounts then have them. That way you can talk to yourself so people think you have friends.:biglaugh:

I have 2 accounts on one of my forums. I use one account to be 'one of the lads' and one in my role as admin. Its quite amusing when I moderate a post and then get a PM from the offender to my user account telling me what a nasty person I am for doing so. :biglaugh:

Pete

I was just going to ask what happens with people with multiple personality disorders!!!:goofy: