Heads up for any new arrivals

Diane

On a public holiday, pretty much all the food shops are shut (not like in the UK where they trade Sunday hours, I think) - so if you have food shopping to do, do it today or tomorrow as the supermarkets won't be open on Monday (happy birthday queenie). Caught me out a few times I can tell you.

Luckily, the bottle shops do trade!!

Guest katsmajic

Vinces is always open! Essential to know especially on a saturday when an on the spur barbie happens and all the normal shops close at 5 on a sat!

Good warning Diane. We have some new arrivals but I know where the shops are open locally. The Foodland at Seaford never shuts ;)

Yeh must admit that 5pm weekend shut always catches me out too! Thank heavens for our "Open All Hours" deli up the road - I've never actually seen his shop shut, come to think of it :notworthy:

Someone told me about a supermarket in Campbelltown that stays open to 7pm at weekends - but typically, I've forgotten which one!

Guest angiestaff

public holiday opening hours caught me n hubby out when we arrived last april(09), we were still staying in a hotel on north terrace and had to use the mini-bar wine!! :eek:

we made sure that we never ran out of wine on the next public hol! lol

ange x