new fine to collection...$@&%

duncan-clan

last night on way to drive-in movies i was stopped by police for having front lights on...mr policeman told me there was a radio and tv ad's that stopped a month ago which i never heard, but either way he gave a $176 fine for being so nice ...i woundn't mind front fog lights are meant to be yellow and what everyone calls front fogs are driving lights....

alex

Guest tinkham_lee

I wouldn't have thought it was illegal to drive with fog lights on, it seems that every other car has them turned on, even the rear fog lights seem to be popular if the car is European made. the police don't seem to do anything about it down south. I haven't seen any TV ads against the use of fog or driving lights.

Guest willfam

I have been pulled over for using so called fogs lights on my car. Our car handbook said that they were driving lights and I explained this to nice Mr Policeman. He WAS nice and just gave a warning and said to turn them off.:)

Guest tinkham_lee
Dont mind the front lights but the rear fog lights are a pain when your stuck behind them and there is no fog about.

If I'm following someone with rear fog lights on, I just turn my main beam on, if they want to dazzle me, why cant I dazzle them.

It seems like a lot of drivers don't realise what they are turning on when they flick the switch, and don't understand what the little orange light on the instrument panel means. or just want to be complete a**e holes and p**s other drivers off.

Guest RichandHelen

Police are just revenue collectors. They are all nice when quota is up, and will pull for anything when down. Try finding one when a fight happens on Hindley.

Guest kangomik

There was a brief advertising campaign on, it ran along the same lines of 40KPH when passing a stationary emergency vehicle with it's flashing lights on, worth knowing when your on the express ways!

Your suppose to have the indicator on for 5 seconds before pulling out from the kerb (parked)

And yes the fog lights where on there.

If your caught driving with your main beam on behind a driver with a rear fog light on i suppose you can guess whoo will be done the most. Unfortunately it's the driver with the main beam, because you have intentially done this and are not driving with consideration to other road users, the guy with the fog light on will just claim he did not know they were on. LOL

Not great i know, but thems the break.

Guest Mikemouseton
last night on way to drive-in movies i was stopped by police for having front lights on...mr policeman told me there was a radio and tv ad's that stopped a month ago which i never heard, but either way he gave a $176 fine for being so nice ...i woundn't mind front fog lights are meant to be yellow and what everyone calls front fogs are driving lights....

alex

You might want to check out the SA Road Rules.

South Australian Legislation

Especially the definition in Section 217 as to what a fog light is.

"Front Fog light means a light (other than a headlight) fitted to the front of a vehicle to improve the illumination of the road in fog, snowfall, heavy rain or dust clouds"

Same rules apply in the UK btw.

Guest Trakki

Surely if you have a car with these lights yoiu should know what they are for and when it is 'legal' to use them, therefore as you didn't you are at fault. The policeman was only doing his job and you were in the wrong so don't see the problem really. Same with speeding, you speed you get done, no argument and no grounds to complain!

Guest MrsHills

Glad to see the Duncan Clan were just informing us of their fine not moaning about the Police (unlike some!) Ignorance of the law is no excuse unfortunately, some people get caughter others dont. I have had two speeing fines since being here, never had any in UK! Thems the breaks I suppose!