Taxis

Guest Stacey

Guest Stacey

Hi all

I thought I would just post this as a bit of a warning!

Just recently my friend got a taxi home after a night out and had no cash with him so when he got home he asked the taxi driver to just wait outside his house while he went in to get some money. As a gesture of good will my friend gave the taxi driver his phone.

While my friend was in the house getting some cash the taxi driver drove off with his phone. Unfortunately it was never returned and my friend has no details of the licence plate or driver ID to be able to chase this up as the taxi firm were absolutely no help!

You might just think one dodgy taxi driver, however this weekend another friend was being dropped off in a taxi and had his iphone on his knee. As he got out he didn't realise but the phone fell on the taxi floor. As soon as the door shut he realised his phone was missing and chased the driver who didn't stop. He then rang the phone the driver picked up and then hung up and turned the phone off. We have since left messages asking for the safe return of the phone to no avail.

As my friend went to a shop on the way it is likely he may be able to get a licence plate from the shop camera but we will see if this is possible and whether it does any good.

Anyway I thought I would post this to just say take care when getting a cab and maybe note licence numbers especially if it's after a night out!

Thanks

Stacey

x

Guest MrsHills

A friend works for the police on the front desk and he reckons that if you phone the taxi company they will tell you to call the Adelaide wakefield street station as all lost/found property will be handed in. My mate said in all the time he worked there (three years) not one item was handed in by taxi drivers!

Um...dont trust them...

Went to a party couple of months ago...there were a few of us, so ordered 2 taxis. Phoned up at around 1am and asked for both. One turned up really quickly...so a few left...got back to my house and as the other one hadnt yet turned up, the taxi driver was paid extra to come back and pick us up...

Well..guess what? he pocketed the money and never came and got us...

After waiting for over 2 hours for another taxi that never turned up...we walked home at 3am with 2 young kids....

Sorry but they are thieving B******s...

Guest Team 'W'

I think its good that some of you have took the time to put your experiences on here ,it gives others an insite as to what is going on ,i think that its disgusting that the taxi company is not abiding by any rules and regulations as to let their staff get away with all this blatant robbery...

Sorry you learnt the hard way guys ...

Elaine xx

Guest cornish Busdriver

The taxi licence number is its licence plate.

Its writ down the sides, on the front and rear plates and on the dash board with the taxi drivers acrreditation details.

Its not hard to make a note of it whenever you get one, not all taxi drivers are like this as ive used some bad ones who got lost even with satnav but normally there great and had my phone and wallet returned twice.

Guest Stacey

Hi all

I should have said in the first post (and apologises to any nice taxi drivers out there) that there are many many lovely taxi drivers in Adelaide and I have had many a good chat and fantastic service on the way home from a night out (from what I can remember lol)!!

The post was just a bit of a heads up to take a bit of extra care at the moment as there seem to be a couple of drivers about of no particular race or nationality just trying their luck!!

Thanks

Stacey

x

My daughter witnessed a VERY nasty incident outside her flat a few weeks ago, with a cab driver attacking two teenage girls in his cab at the traffic lights, then punching one to the ground and kicking her in the face after she got out of his cab, taking her wallet, and then he got back in his cab to drive off as the other one was trying to get out of it and she fell out of the moving car and got some leg injuries. This was on Anzac Highway a few weeks ago. I just hope the cops got the cabbie and he gets what he deserves. Bloody awful.

(I come from 5 generations of London cabbies .......... and very proud of it too!)

On the subject of articles left in cabs ................ my Dad once had a very expensive Rolex Oyster watch left in his cab, so he did the right thing and handed it in but no one claimed it within the 3 months so he got it back. It was worth a huge amount of money and guess what .......... he let me wear it to school one day and I LOST IT!!!! It would have been worth thousands of pounds now!

Also ............. VERY IMPORTANT ............. girls and ladies .... when you get in a cab, immediately after you sit down, don't wait, do it straight away........... TEXT THE CAB NUMBER TO YOUR PARENTS, HUSBAND, BOYFRIEND, PARTNER OR OTHER TRUSTED PERSON. If anything happens to you someone will know which cab you are/were in and can inform the police and the cab companies.

Guest Lisado

I have had to fly to Sydney and melbourne and have been getting taxis a lot, to and from airports. Last time the driver went to drive off with my laptop and wee case and I had to run after him

Talking to a work collegaue he said this happens alot - so if your stuff is in thye boot - dont close passenger door - keep it wide open until you have your belongings.

Or keep things with you at all times

Have to say though - this hapened in Sydney and not here

Lisa

Guest Guest75
I wondered how long this would take to move from a very helpful warning to veiled racism ...

Jim

Any racist posts will be removed.

If you are not happy with a post please hit the report button!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I have told my daughter to ring or text me the cab number especially if she gets in alone, I have a friend here who said to me "when yours is old enough to go out to the city dont let her get a cab by herself"

My son has had lots of overcharging and long way round incidents!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was working in the city today in a hotel while I was at the reception two ladies had just arrived from interstate and were booking in when one realized she had left her IPhone in the taxi so after a bit she phoned the taxi firm, I went away at this point to do some work. Later as I was leaving the hotel a taxi driver (with a turban) came in and handed the phone in at reception he was handed $25 for his trouble. I was quite surprised that it was handed in.