Arriving in August

Guest rowy

Hi, we are finally flying on Tues 3rd Aug!! Everything booked at last. What clothes do you all suggest. I realise it is still winter then but what sort of layers are we talking?? Many thanks Penny :)

Dear Penny,

Winter has been apparently quite mild this year but I am extremely happy in my long winter coat most days. I wish I had brought actual cheap winter coats from Asda from the Kids as clothing is SO expensive here. The thing to remember is that lots of places aren't well heated and have very little insulation so you will feel it more even if the temp doesn't feel too low. Layers are key as it can be quite cold in the morning and then get up to 15-19 during the day. August is the last winter month but quite frankly, I was glad of my denim jacket on some days in November as during the spring the temp can drop quite a bit at night. At work, I am in full suits or skirts/trousers and thick jumpers. We struggled a bit as we arrived in November but our container didn't get here until May (long story) so I was FREEZING by the time everything arrived. People will dress for winter here so you'll see boots, jackets, scarves, gloves and hats throughout July and August.

Happy packing!

Liz

Bring some jumpers with you,a and a beanie ( wooly Hat ) it does get quite cool out, but i only realised how cool after we had completed our fist summer out here.

when you first get here you will probably think whats all the fuss about it aint cold....once you have been here a while it feels damn cold.

Catch you soon on the south side.

HG

Guest angiestaff
it does get quite cool out, but i only realised how cool after we had completed our fist summer out here.

HG

how true the above comment is!!!! :biglaugh:

admittedly our first winter last year i was surprised it rained as much as it did, but don't remember feeling the cold that much BUT this year ahhhhhhhhh i am so cold some days!! lol (husband does say i'm a bit of a wimp anyway!) to the point i have purchased flanelette sheets (i'm 34 and i own flanelette sheets :embarrassed:)

ange

Guest Here at last!
how true the above comment is!!!! :biglaugh:

admittedly our first winter last year i was surprised it rained as much as it did, but don't remember feeling the cold that much BUT this year ahhhhhhhhh i am so cold some days!! lol (husband does say i'm a bit of a wimp anyway!) to the point i have purchased flanelette sheets (i'm 34 and i own flanelette sheets :embarrassed:)

ange

I'm the same 32 and own flanelette sheets but still cold so I'm going for an electric blanket!! I have just invested in some thermals too. Last year we were going to bed in hats, gloves and hoodies.

Guest angiestaff
I'm the same 32 and own flanelette sheets but still cold so I'm going for an electric blanket!! I have just invested in some thermals too. Last year we were going to bed in hats, gloves and hoodies.

i have found the cheaper alternative to elec' blankets...they don't use any electricity so no damage to the environment...ur not at risk of electrocuting urself if you spill ur drink in bed (or piddle the bed if ur at that age! lol)......when hubby isn't there i share the bed with.........

my 2 staffies ronnie n reggie :biglaugh:....they never cool down so keep the bed a nice snuggy warm temp, however the snoring/farting and kicking does make a elec blanket seem appealing however i know if i do get one they would NEVER get out of the bed!

ange

Guest angiestaff
Thank you Ange, will bring you some Thermals if you like! Penny

ooh a 13.5 tog duvet would be much appreciated please!! :jiggy:

ange x