Arrived at last!

Guest clare

Guest clare

Hi all just thought id let you all know how we are getting on.

We arrived last saturday morning realizing that the small coach type thing my dad hired to take us to the airport still had 2 of our suitcases in!!!!!!!!!

Which am kind of glad as we got stung in the airport for what we had anyway, but the problem was all hubbys paperwork and menus he has been collecting for years were in it and ALL my winter clothes!:embarrassed:

Anyhow, thanks very much to Tyke for picking us up in the airport was great we had somebody to meet us as id cried most of the way from manchester, took us to his house which is beautiful! and we love it here and he helped us with papers! lol

Been busy sorting lots out, got lost lots too, but now have a tomtom so we made it home in one attempt tonight what a result.

Just taking things a day at a time, still got lots to do but i know that we love it here already everybody is so helpfull, ((even the lady in the bank- we not used to that had very bad times with santander back home)

But even in the rain today we are all so very happy here and after a very long time of feeling unsettled ive finally found my heart is definatly here and im sure it will be for many years too come.

Sorry if mumbling on there head still batterd with jetlag :arghh:

Guest kangomik

Well done on the trip, don't worry about the rain, everything looks green now won't take long before it goes brown.

Have fun looking around, it takes ages to get your bearings

Guest gingerlindz

Great to read your update. It gives those us getting ready to leave a wee idea on how it feels. Although you made me tearful with the mention of crying all the way from manchester. I think i'll be the same. xxx

Guest The Dimmocks

Welcome to Australia. Glad you feel settled, looking forward to meeting up. x

What you going to do with your suitcases left behind.

Michelle xx

Guest clare
Great to read your update. It gives those us getting ready to leave a wee idea on how it feels. Although you made me tearful with the mention of crying all the way from manchester. I think i'll be the same. xxx

Ahh doesnt matter if u do. - u cant hold it in u know! let it go!!!:)

Guest clare

not too sure michelle gona skype my mum an dad over thew weekend while they open it an go thru it lol!

Yes we looking 4ward to meeting up very much love it here sooo much

Guest clare

not too sure michelle gona skype my mum an dad over thew weekend while they open it an go thru it lol!

Yes we looking 4ward to meeting up very much love it here sooo much

Hui Clare,

Welcome to the land of dreams. I tend to have quite a lot of BBQ's at our place and our friends have them also, so the next one on the agenda is 10th July, you are welcome to come along and meet new people. We are also organising another meal out soon, so another invite for you.

Oh and by the way you cannot go wrong by Tyke, by wary of the bars he goes to in Noarlunga lol.

If you need help with where to go to buy things, which are cheap, I have them all. I have a fully furnished a massive four bedroom with reception rooms for about $4000.

Enjoy !!!!!

Guest TraceyT

Hi,

Just arrived too, had our first day in the pouring rain (yesterday), thought the plane had turned round and had landed at Manchester! Had a great day today, but soooo tired. Cannot believe how jetlagged we are, infact we all felt dizzy walking round Coles, doing the big shop.

Nothing prepares you for the emotions, I thought I was quite tough until I saw my dad cry. God it is hard. But I want so much for my children, so am prepared to suffer anything. Must admit though, my 15 year old (turns 16 on Sat) has had a bad day today, her prom should have been tonight, so she has made us all suffer today (could have sent her back on the plane!!). Oh well, lets hope tomorrow is a good day, got to register everywhere, so we are going to be real busy.

Hope to see you all at the next meet.

Tracey xxxxx

Guest janmoo

Good Luck to you we are leaving N Ireland in October and like you love adelaide!! Trust me it is the best place we have been all over OZ and it is still our favourite place. Does anyone out there live near Skye?? We have just bought a block there which we saw when we were over in March . Keen to meet anyone in the local communiity before we make the move!! Thanxxxxxx

Guest juliegio

You will definitely enjoy Adelaide. I have to agree with Janmoo as it is the best place having also been to quite a few other cities in Oz and always going back to Adelaide! The people are friendly for one and you know what we were amazed by?? The smiles people give each other! May sound silly but as they say ... positivity brings positivity..(is that how you say it??)

All the best!

Good Luck to you we are leaving N Ireland in October and like you love adelaide!! Trust me it is the best place we have been all over OZ and it is still our favourite place. Does anyone out there live near Skye?? We have just bought a block there which we saw when we were over in March . Keen to meet anyone in the local communiity before we make the move!! Thanxxxxxx

Skye is beautiful, some lovely views from there, hope you're ok with heights!!