About time....

lorluc

Guest sarahsmartiepants

i wondered how long till this happened but what i want to know.....how about if mummy and daddy lend them the powerful car???

Its all very well them saying no more driving these cars but they should make insurance compulsory then make the powerful cars un insureable(sp). Does that make sence??

i wondered how long till this happened but what i want to know.....how about if mummy and daddy lend them the powerful car???

Its all very well them saying no more driving these cars but they should make insurance compulsory then make the powerful cars un insureable(sp). Does that make sence??

'exemptions include circumstances when a high-powered vehicle is required for employment, or was owned before September 4, or if the only vehicle available to the driver was high-powered, for example, a one-car family.'

Guest Guest5035

what a load of ****, its the driver not the car, its the idiot in charge of the car, my daughters barina will do as much damage to another car or person as a V8.

Stevo

All the P platers should all be driving old bangers with small engines until they have at least 6 years experience behind the wheel. That's my opinion anyway.

Small engines maybe, but definitely not old bangers - internal safety features have come on hugely in the last few years, and however careful a driver you are, there are always other idiots out there so I'd feel a lot happier if my teenager was in a car designed to protect the driver and passengers (airbags, improved side impact protection etc) than in an old banger.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

there are too many old bangers on the road here ,untested and probably death traps! Dodgy suspension, brake at high speed (not necessarily over speed limit) slight swerves can turn into big swerves with an unexpirienced driver.

If a P plater CHOOSES to take out insurance there are cars classed "hoon cars", these are more expensive to insure, so they choose not to bother. If insurance became compulsory here then there would be a few less accidents.

But we all know that p platers are NOT the only ones who have accidents, Daughter and BF were pulled out on the other day by a nice "middle aged man", forcing them to clip the kerb and blow out the tyre. He just drove off!

Guest cornish Busdriver

I think the cars should be power restricted and limited to a 90kph.

Also younger drivers should be made to get liability insurance on top of the rego.

There are a lot of hoons young and old out there but there is also some very good younger drivers as well.

Not all P platers are idiots

Guest Jo&Phil
probably my husband, at that age

..............and mine!

I think this may be a topic where the generation gap will apply ..... anyone under the age of 25 will be furious at this decision (as we probably would have been when we were that age) and those of us who are over 25 will nod wisely and say 'it's a good thing'. Probably is a good thing overall with certain caveats/exceptions/etc ......... but I'm sure I would have a different viewpoint if I was 23 with a V8 Holden! Does this mean that I'm now officially an old person?! :err: