Help! Employer Will Sponsor Me PR. How?

Boxertony

In one of my previous threads I have mentioned some of my current emotional issues I am going through, i.e. my Son 21 and Daughter 17 returning to the UK to gain university education, due to it being so expensive as an international student, with the 475 visa I am on.

Anway as I was leaving work yesterday the CEO called me into his office and said would I like to stay back a bit and have a drink with him, of course I said yes, especially with me only been working for him for the past two weeks. We started chatting about everything - life in general. We got onto families so I mentioned that with not having PR we are not entitled to anything basically, rent assistance, benefits, medicare and especailly cheaper education and that only a couple days ago my two children stated that they are returning to the UK due to wanting an university education/qualifications and that on my visa it is too expensive as my children would be classed as international students, etc.

He then asked me if there is anything he could do to help me gain PR as soon as possible, i.e. sponsor you. I replied with "I am not sure". So my questions to everyone on here, who may have some experience of changing from a 475 visa to PR Visa whist residing in Adelaide.

1. Is this possible? And how do the CEO and I go about it.

2. The financial implications for both the CEO and my family of five

3. Any other implications/issues/conditions I need to be aware of

If I can gain PR, this will make it much easier for me to afford university here in Adelaide and my Son would also like to apply to the Fire Service and also the Police, which he could do with a PR Visa. I want to be happy with the offer of the CEO helping but I just cannot get there yet because I dont know what to do about it and if this is possible.

Guest true brit

all i know (and it is flimsy) is that you have to apply with immigration................once a letter has arrived saying that you need sonsorship, you hand this to your emoployer, the employer then calls centrelink for an assurance of support interview to present proof o f earnings i.d etc. if accepted, they can sponsor you but then have to put down a bond which is held for 2 or more yrs. during the time they are your sponsor they are assuring the government that they will support you if you cant find work etc. if you do take centelink payments during ths time,(except for children under 16....after that age im not sure) your employer pays it back out of his bond................dont know all the process or legal ramifications, above sounds a bit too easy but call or look on DIMIA's web site good luck anyway true brit

Guest dempseys

hi tony,

thats excellent news!!!! my oh's last employer sponsered us so wen hubby gets back from gym i will get him to pm u with all the info!!! it didnt take long at all although we had to do our medicals again.

p.s i think u are an amazing dad!!!!!!!!:notworthy:

Guest cunnah10
In one of my previous threads I have mentioned some of my current emotional issues I am going through, i.e. my Son 21 and Daughter 17 returning to the UK to gain university education, due to it being so expensive as an international student, with the 475 visa I am on.

Anway as I was leaving work yesterday the CEO called me into his office and said would I like to stay back a bit and have a drink with him, of course I said yes, especially with me only been working for him for the past two weeks. We started chatting about everything - life in general. We got onto families so I mentioned that with not having PR we are not entitled to anything basically, rent assistance, benefits, medicare and especailly cheaper education and that only a couple days ago my two children stated that they are returning to the UK due to wanting an university education/qualifications and that on my visa it is too expensive as my children would be classed as international students, etc.

He then asked me if there is anything he could do to help me gain PR as soon as possible, i.e. sponsor you. I replied with "I am not sure". So my questions to everyone on here, who may have some experience of changing from a 475 visa to PR Visa whist residing in Adelaide.

1. Is this possible? And how do the CEO and I go about it.

2. The financial implications for both the CEO and my family of five

3. Any other implications/issues/conditions I need to be aware of

If I can gain PR, this will make it much easier for me to afford university here in Adelaide and my Son would also like to apply to the Fire Service and also the Police, which he could do with a PR Visa. I want to be happy with the offer of the CEO helping but I just cannot get there yet because I dont know what to do about it and if this is possible.

sent you a pm

Guest caoimhe

First off find out if your current visa is eligible for an ONSHORE Regional Sponsored Migration scheme or an Employer Nominated Scheme visa because our temp visa was a 496 and DIAC told us we could apply for PR with an onshore it was only after we had police checks and meds done and were allocated a case officer that we were informed our current visa was not on the qualifying list. We had to resubmitted a new application and then had to leave the country so they could grant the visa...

If your current visa qualifies then your employer needs to lodge a 1054 form with the Adelaide Centre of Excellence. It is only when this approval is granted that you submit your application at the DIAC in Melbourne. The cost of the onshore RSMS is $2525 and we needed new meds and police checks. The Visa applicant shoulders the cost not the employer and My hubbys company did not need to put down any bond just prove that they needed him and that there was a job for him for 2 years.

Hope I have explained it properly if not let me know and I will give you my number and chat to you about it.

BTW you are entilted to Medicare as the UK and Oz have a reciprocal agreement, all my kids have been to the doctors numerous times, 2 have had stitches and 2 have been in hospital at no cost other than the price of precription that everyone pays. I did get a bill for $6000 after my 9 year old spent 4 nights in hospital but was told to email a copy of his passport and it would be waived which it was.

PR makes a massive difference when you have kids, we only got our 2 months ago and are about $10,000 better off a year with having 4 kids.

Good luck:wubclub:

Guest caoimhe

Oh forgot to say if you get any advice from DIAC get it in writing as I was informed to my cost ''never take immigration advice from the Department of Immigration''

Guest true brit

i spoke to a friend who works in a different area at immigration but she had some (i think) useful info:

Employer has to lodge a 'nomination' application with DIAC.

There are eligibility criteria to be met regarding this - the DIAC website has the info:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/visa-permanent.htm

Once the nomination application is approved in their systems, you then have to lodge a visa application.

That sort of application is processed in the DIAC Centre of Excellence and you can contact them by email if you have any queries:

The Melbourne Centre of Excellence looks after South Australian Businesses. The link to that Centre is:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/email/eform-new-business-centres.htm?14

Hope this is helpful for you.

true brit

2 types of visa that I know of relating to employer sponsorship. Skilled Workers Permanent Visa Options- Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

Don't know much about ENS (856), we are currently looking at RSMS (857). This has a 3 stage process for which you already have the first (employer). Need to consider the details eg, position could not be filled by a suitable local, must be for at least 2 years and must have a salary of at least government recommended level. We phoned DIAC on 2 occasions but they just repeated what was on website. got better response via web enquiry to Melbourne Centre of Excellence.

Guest WhatNow?

Please read everything in the notes for both the employer and the employee very, very carefully and make sure your employer's application to be a sponsor and your application for a visa is supported with everything you need. As Burgermeister says, there are hoops you both have to go through, including proving that the job can't be filled by an Australian worker, and I know from my own experience that oversight of RSMS is very tight. Just make sure you have covered all the bases before sending the forms in...they don't need much of an excuse to say no...

Guest majortom

We came out on a RSMS visa in 2006, Im sure one of the requirements that immigration would want from a sponsoring employee is that they have exausted all means of employing from the local workforce.

Good Luck

Jim

Guest smit

On the university front......................

things may have changed since......but 3 years ago...........even though you are PR , doesnt give you the same rights as a citizen.

You were entitled to the citizen rates.........but were not entitled to the HECS loan. This meant you had to pay semester by semester. And as a citizen , if you paid up front you would get 20% off.....not as PR.

as i say , things may have changed.........but one thing to look at.......

Nope haven't changed, but it means that for TAFE eg cost would be $2200 ish capped for 2 semesters enrollment as opposed to $16000. Uni fees have to be paid up front by the semester and range from 4-8000 a year depending on the course. Still a lot but maybe more within reach than the international fees.

I understand that gaining PR will provide my family and I with more stability, but I cannot beleive I have do all my medicals again and gain both English and Australian Police Clearances. I understand paying the Visa fees of $2520 but our police clearances and medicals are only 14 months old. I will have to gain the medicals and police checks done as soon as possible as both kids are going back to the UK in September, also we have to move out of our rental home on the 1st September has its been sold.

I just cannot afford the fees at this moment in time I may just have to wait a bit longer and apply when I have enough funds to pay for this lot. Plus i will have to pay for my kids to fly back so I can apply

Guest caoimhe
I have do all my medicals again and gain both English and Australian Police Clearances. I understand paying the Visa fees of $2520 but our police clearances and medicals are only 14 months old. I will have to gain the medicals and police checks done as soon as possible as both kids are going back to the UK in September, also we have to move out of our rental home on the 1st September has its been sold.

Thats the problem, they are only valid for 12 months so they must be done again. We didn't need our Northern Ireland police checks done again as our point was that they were valid when we arrived here and as we had not left Australia we couldn't possibly have committed any crime there, Case officer accepted this and we submitted Oz ones. It is a lot of money to fork out again, the only good thing for us was that as we had bought our house last year and because the PR came through before we owned it a year we were able to get the First Home Owners Grant of $18000. By the time we paid for Meds, Police check, Visa and the cost of 6 of us going to Bali to get the visa I think we had about $2000 left for ourselves.

Going throught his process right this minute, and at final stage until immigration misplaced our police checks (visa was going to be issued Thursday until they realised they didn't have it). Basically as your emploer is eligible for sponsoring you (on 457 as we are), they can then apply for a visa called 886. The employer again has to nominate you for PR (886). Then it's a case of when immigration reply to him saying he can sponsor you, fill in all the forms and send off with the documents required. At the moment they are running approx 4-5 months from date of receipt until date of issue of PR. We have had ours now delayed due to police checks (which arrived in UK today) and will be issued as soon as they get the police checks back. Any advice needed just give me a hoi.

Shaun

My employer has now got the 1054 form, which he has already filled in and he his going to gather all the relevant documents he needs to provide for the immigration. I have priced the medicals as the following: $303 for each adult member, $262 for child. $365 for one adult as she works at the hospital - so she has to have her bloods taken.. Police checks is $43 each member. $2520 for the actual visa fees.

Summary for all five of us it will cost: $4185.00 to gain PR.

you may not have to do medicals again, we didn't have to do ours again (different visa types altogether though) and it had been 4 years since visa grant. Wait until they are requested by your CO. Police checks we had to have new UK ones as we didn't leave UK after visa grant for nearly 2 years, that was the reason for that.

As others have said, really check you application, we recently applied to sponsor someone and it didn't take much reason for them to knock us back. :arghh:

Foxychick,

Ideally we want to wait till the Case Officer request things to be done. But the problem is both of my kids are returning to UK in early September and if medicals are requested they will not be here. So we have to get them to complete their medicals before they leave.

Guest munsters

Hi, call in at Currie Street (3rd floor) Immigration - they should be able to advise you, just take your papers. We saw them a few times while we were living there and they were always helpful.

Guest caoimhe
Hi, call in at Currie Street (3rd floor) Immigration - they should be able to advise you, just take your papers. We saw them a few times while we were living there and they were always helpful.

It was these guys that informed us that we could apply for a certain visa then after paying them $2500 we were then told we never qualified for it:arghh:

Get all advice in writing!!!!

It was these guys that informed us that we could apply for a certain visa then after paying them $2500 we were then told we never qualified for it:arghh:

Get all advice in writing!!!!

That's very true. I have read two cases last year where they went to tribunal (is MRT or something). DIAC admitted that they may have been told something verbally, but the MRT said it does not count unless in writing.

Any doubts, use someone reputable such as Alan Collett

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Australian Visas and Migration Planning

or

George Lombard

George Lombard - Australia | LinkedIn - sorry, his website does not seem to work at the mo.

Cooler