Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By majortom

Thread: Little Athletics

Little Athletics

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone has children in the Little Athletics, we have an 8 year old girl who loves it.

At the moment we are doing the rounds of the cross country and have visited some lovely clubs around Adelaide. Stirling in the hills, Victor Harbor, the Barossa valley, Flinders and a few quite near to the city. Today it's off to Reynella and next week its up to Gawler. It's a great way to get out and see these lovely places and meet some good people. My daughter joined the Tea Tree Gully Little Athletics and this will be her 3rd year. Little Athletics caters for ages 3-17 and is great fun for all the family.

Just look up on the South Australian Little Athletics for more info, the summer season starts in September time.

Hey Jim,

Thanks for this bit of info. I have a 3 year old girl and I have been wondering what we can do for her to channel her independence! Will check out the website :)

Hi Carla,

Just got back from Reynella, which I think would be the nearest centre for you. That or Flinders. All centres cater for tiny tots programs (3-5).

Good Luck

Riponian likes this.

Pt Noarlunga
      436 times
      Thanks for this it is good to get them into something useful and energy burning.
      Michelle, Phil, Nathan, and Libby. PR175 arrived Oct 2009

from Swansea - Parafield Gardens Adelaide
      114 times
      can I ask is it expensive (membership, kit etc)
      I've got a 9yr old over energetic little girl, was going to look at local recreation centres for something for her to join, she's done a little netball and loves sports, thought running might be more suitable as she's like a little whippet!!
      Welshies in the northern subs Taff's Auto Repairs Salisbury 5108

Hi Nikki,

Our club charge $85.00 per child or $120.00 for 2 children. We have new kits for this coming year that will cost $35 for tops and $28.00 for shorts. They would normally last for about 3 years I guess.

If you look on the South Australian Little athletics site it has an area for finding your local clubs, most of them will have on the cost of things.