I've missed out on Citizenship! :(

Guest Roo1

Guest Roo1

Last week I nipped into Immi on Curry St and picked up my booklet to have a good read, ready to sit my test.

Confident in my knowledge, I phoned Immi today to arrange an appointment and was told that I will have to wait another year before I can apply!!!!

I have missed out by 1 week!!! Arghhhhh

The new rule about being here 4 years before sitting the test, gave people like myself (who have been here 3 years and when entered the country the law was only 2 years before you could take it) a grace period until June 30th 2010 to take the test.

I'm pretty gutted as Ian has done his and I wanted to go to the ceremony as a family.

Oh well, should have done it sooner!!!!:arghh:

Judi x

Guest Roo1

Thanks guys, may not be a citizen just yet but I've got drinking a Sparkling Shiraz down to a fine art. May just have to pour another one to drown my sorrows.......;)

J x

Thanks guys, may not be a citizen just yet but I've got drinking a Sparkling Shiraz down to a fine art. May just have to pour another one to drown my sorrows.......;)

J x

Hey - We'll help you drown your sorrows on Saturday!!!!:jiggy:

Mel

xx

Guest joolz
Last week I nipped into Immi on Curry St and picked up my booklet to have a good read, ready to sit my test.

Confident in my knowledge, I phoned Immi today to arrange an appointment and was told that I will have to wait another year before I can apply!!!!

I have missed out by 1 week!!! Arghhhhh

The new rule about being here 4 years before sitting the test, gave people like myself (who have been here 3 years and when entered the country the law was only 2 years before you could take it) a grace period until June 30th 2010 to take the test.

I'm pretty gutted as Ian has done his and I wanted to go to the ceremony as a family.

Oh well, should have done it sooner!!!!:arghh:

Judi x[/quote

What a shame...you were only talking about that last week!!! Awww gives you a year to swat up lol...no excuse in not passing Judi!!!!

Guest ctomo808

Hiya Judi,

Thats crap - one week........ scandelous!!! haha, like the other lady said, we will all be able celebrate with you next year!!!

Keep studying, keep smiling

Candia xxxx