Still nowhere to live AAAHHHHHHH

fluffy

I know I have posted many times befor, but I am getting really worried now, the shipping company is coming on thursday and we are flying out on the 24th Julky and still have nowhere to go. I have looked at many places but when i email the agents they are telling me to go to inspection days (but I won't be there). Has anybody else secured a rental before they got to adelaide. We are a family of 5 and getting desperate. I will be working at the Calvery North but don't mind travelling a bit. Onced again I ask can anyone help.:arghh:

Guest The Morleys

Hi,

We arrived in January, we booked a holiday rental for 2 weeks with sunrise rentals, the house was stunning and the owners sue and phil fearnley were really helpful and friendly. their website is www.sunriserentals.com.au or you could try looking at www.adelaidebound.com which quite a useful website. I would recommend getting a holiday let for at least 3 weeks when you arrive, dont try and secure a long term rental before you arrive because there are some really dodgy rentals out there that look lovely in the photos but in reality are total dumps. we were really shocked by the lack of properties available for rent and how competative the rental market is. We really felt under pressure when we arrived to find somewhere in only two weeks and so ended up initially in not such a great house which was over priced and then ended up having to break the lease (which cost us) and are now renting a really nice place in seaford meadows.

Good luck with the move, get in touch when you arrive

Nina

x

Try here: http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/jobs-business-adverts/10453-short-term-furnished-rentals.html

Get somewhere short term for a few weeks to start with, then sort out your longer term rental. The trouble with trying to arrange something from the UK is that a good (longterm) rental agent will want to meet you face-to-face first before letting a property to you. Our rental agent (aka the Rottweiler) took the view that the property was a valuable asset, and she wouldn't rent to anyone unless she'd seen that they would respect it, and treat it as their own. However many references you have, from an agent/landlord's point of view, it's not the same as meeting someone! If you find someone that will rent to you longterm, sight unseen, you take the risk that the property isn't a particularly sought after one and they're just desperate to get someone!!

A holiday park wouldn't be a bad idea go for a big 4,shouldn't be too expensive as it's winter,we arrived in summer and prices were sky high...you really need to look around as someone said before the properties look fab on the pictures and some are horrendous in reality! where u working can't find calvery north??

Guest lisa_james61

Hi there just wondering if you could fill in the application online WWW.Domain.com.au there is a fill in application link. Or can the real estate email you applications for you to fill out ??

Hope all goes well.

Lisa

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hi Fluffy

We had the same problem so booked into the Adealide Meridian on Melbourne St for 2 weeks.

Found a house and secured it the second day here.

Beleive me you should go to the opens before commiting to a contract for 12 months as some of the houses we looked at looked great on the net but when we viewed then in person they were compleatly different.

Guest The Morleys

Hi there

I agree with Matt, just book somewhere short term for 2 weeks or so. You will change your mind about areas when you get here, we started in Hallett Cove are now renting in seaford Meadows and building at Seaford Rise. Houses look nice on the web but you can drop on some bad places, my friend has just been to the authorities to get out of a bad house they were in and they had actually looked arround it. When you get here send us a pm and we will give you a hand.

Marcus

Try and calm down and not worry so much about this, whilst it is nice to be organised and hit the ground running, you will find that you have a lot to do in the first couple of weeks and you will achieve everything you need to. As everyone advises, go for the short term option to start with and worry about the longer term once you are here. If your container arrives when you do, they will provide storage, and it is not too expensive.

If you rent from overseas, you may end up stuck somewhere you really don't want to be for a year, best to take a quick look around when you arrive.

All the best with your journey