dodgy gasman

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Guest sarahsmartiepants

had a gas man from the recommendation section here doing work on saturday and now I am gutted. Wont go into details as i dont want to give tyke anything to worry about but you are free to pm me. I would hate for what has happened to us happen to you!:arghh:

Guest Woody and Jane

Surely as long as you don't mention that it's *** from **** that's dodgy you should be alright to divulge some details of his dodgy goings on?

Woody.

Guest Nick11

That's terrible what's happenend Sarah.

Unfortunately some people recommend others as they are good friends..not because they are good at their job.

had a gas man from the recommendation section here doing work on saturday and now I am gutted. Wont go into details as i dont want to give tyke anything to worry about but you are free to pm me. I would hate for what has happened to us happen to you!:arghh:

It sounds pretty bad Sarah i hope that whatever went wrong can be easily fixed....or put right....

As long as you dnt name names you should be ok to divulge some info

HG

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Suzer, pm me for his name!

Showed him where fire was going, he did the job paid him and off he went. I then noticed i had no tv pic, so he must of caught the arial while poking pipe in wall! rang him he apologised said he would come monday, (accidents hapen) then when hubby got home he said the pipe is in the wrong placce and fire wont fit there. ( getting annoying now) Rang him he said no worries will sort it monday.

Then sunday arvo I noticed wet patch on family room ceiling, Ian looks on roof and a tile has not been put back. (now I am cross) ring him and he says be there in the morning. He didnt turn uo when I rang he said he didnt leave a tile off and I would have to prove it. Not coming today probably not this week either. Turns out he is not coming at all now!

Suzer, pm me for his name!

Showed him where fire was going, he did the job paid him and off he went. I then noticed i had no tv pic, so he must of caught the arial while poking pipe in wall! rang him he apologised said he would come monday, (accidents hapen) then when hubby got home he said the pipe is in the wrong placce and fire wont fit there. ( getting annoying now) Rang him he said no worries will sort it monday.

Then sunday arvo I noticed wet patch on family room ceiling, Ian looks on roof and a tile has not been put back. (now I am cross) ring him and he says be there in the morning. He didnt turn uo when I rang he said he didnt leave a tile off and I would have to prove it. Not coming today probably not this week either. Turns out he is not coming at all now!

Thats pretty shocking to say the least......surely there is a body whom you could complain to?

HG

Sounds awful - I think you should name names - I'd like to make sure we don't get this guy when we install gas!

You cant name names Suzer as it can end up in court.....:policeman: and its against forum policy and would be moderated anyhow ......

trust me i know of instances where it has....

Sarah will let you know via PM should you want to know the details.

Thanks

HG

Guest guest569

you could not be taken to court just for putting an angry face on his recomendation. we would all know who to avoid then. the recomendation section should have 2 sides to the free advertising coin !!!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Luckily i have friend in OCBA! Looks like we will be just about to find out if those licenses are worth the paper they are written on!

Luckily i have friend in OCBA! Looks like we will be just about to find out if those licenses are worth the paper they are written on!

I hope you have the paper work Invoice etc and if it was gas work he was doing I think he should have given you a compliance certificate for the gas work

When a contractor does gas or electrical work on your property make sure you ask for a certificate of compliance, whether it is your home, rental, commercial premises, caravan or boat. This is their guarantee to you that the work has been completed correctly and that it is safe.

A Gas Certificate of Compliance should be given to you for all of the following gas work:

• installing a new gas pipework
  • extending or repairing existing gas pipework
  • installing new appliances (such as a heater, hot water unit, stove top)
  • replacing an appliance (change overs)
  • converting an appliance for use on another fuel, for example, from LPG to Natural Gas or vice-versa

A Gas Certificate of Compliance is generally not required for normal maintenance or repairs on an exisiting appliance.

Guest kfoley0681

im so sorry to here of your bad experience and i guess they are not all bad maybe they need a program like in the uk rogue traders! but from personal experience my husband was a plumber and gas fitter in uk and he is a licenced plumber here and is absolutly shocked at the standard of the plumbers here that he has worked with over the last few years and cant believe they are licenced! the exams are often open book so dont take a genius to work out that these guys dont nessessary know what they are doing to get a licence!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I have no doubt he knows what he is doing and cant even tar him with the "dodgy" aussie tradies brush, which I hear so much about ...he was english and spent many years working for british gas!!! Pretty sure he is uk trained too !