Whyalla

Guest KK&MM

I have secured employment in Whyalla and my wife and I are anticipating being there around the beginning of next year. Although we have our hearts set on Adelaide, to satisfy the RSMS visa we must stay in Whyalla for 2 years.You never know we might decide to stay there. We have been on their website but to be honest it doesn't offer a lot of information that we are looking for. Does anyone know Whyalla? If it's all bad, make it as positive as possible. We have to go there!

;)

Guest Russfamily

ive been there a number of times cant say i had much of a look around it was the biggest and nearest place to Roxby downs that sold everything. So regarding shops its all there and of course there is a bit of nightlife to go with it, along with the highest rate of single parents but that was 8 years ago. Its ok but not a place i would want to settle in for any length of time. I could put up with 2 years to get a permanent visa then start to look around for some thing new but u may love it so now you have the chance to go to oz take it and experience different things, i did when i went to Roxby Downs, and that is a remote minning town in the middle of the desert.

Guest dale_jo@

HI MY FOLKS CAME OUT AND STAYED IN WHYALLA FOR A YEAR(MANY YEARS AGO) AND FOUND IT FINE.IT`S QUITE REMOTE BUT STILL HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED AND QUITE A-LOT OF SHOPS ALSO!!!

THE BEAUTY IS IT`S NOT TOO FAR FROM ADELAIDE SO YOU CAN COME DOWN WEEKENDS OCCASIONALLY TO CHECK THINGS OUT!!!:jiggy:

MY FRIEND WENT UP THEIR TO DO HER COUNTRY SERVICE UP THEIR FOR TEACHING AND MET HER HUSBAND, SHE LOVED IT AND MADE BEST OF HER 3 YEARS THERE.

ONE THING AS WITH ALL COUNTRY TOWNS THE SPORTING SIDE OF THINGS IS HUGE SO GET INVOLVED IN THAT AND ALSO A GREAT WAY TO MEET FRIENDS !!

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!;)

JO