The last week

Guest rowy

Flying out on Aug 3rd, after years of planning and wishing!! Is the last week meant to be this awful, with everyone so upset or snapping at us? Planned a last week to say or goodbyes but in a way wish it was not dragging out! Having all those feelings of why are we doing this? The guilt is just awful and seeing my parents so devastated is the worst!! Will I forget all this when I touch down?? Penny

Guest The Dimmocks

All the best for your journey over. Those feelings are normal. My mom came to our house to say goodbye and could only stay 10 mins as she couldn't deal with it. Never really seen my Dad cry. It was hard but once we left the house all I felt was excitment. Thankfully I not really experienced any "home sickness". As long as me my hubby and kids are all together then I am happy.

I miss my mom, sister and best friend but we talk often on skype and phone so it not to bad.

Good luck x

In a word no you won't forget the guilt and initially it may be worse but after a week or two it gets a lot easier.

I remember our last week I was so stressed snapping at the kids and my husband it was awful. I settled as soon as we were on the plane and it finally sunk in what we were doing.

Good luck and remember your reasons for this and it will all be ok.

Guest joolz

Yes it's horrible...we were in the same position 7 weeks ago and can't believe how bad it all felt then...the excitment will take over at the airport and you can look forward to your new adventure. Once you arrive there is alot to keep your mind occupied but just try and enjoy yourself and soak up Adelaide...it's everything that we wanted it to be and the kids have taken it like ducks to water!!

Take care and have a good flight over x

Hi Penny,

We are also flying on 3rd August and are lucky (not sure if lucky is the right word really) in that we are not leaving very much family behind it will just be my Dad and my husbands Dad who we don't really see much of anyway, it would definately be a lot harder if my mum was still with us. We are having a leaving do on Saturday night to say goodbye to all our friends for the last time. Our best friends are coming to the airport and I think thats going to be really hard but I know they will come and visit.

Good luck with your move and hope you have a good flight.

Jo x

Just want to thank everyone for this thread! As you can see from the signature, we're (almost) in that stage too, so these posts are very helpful, thanks!

Laurens

Guest kangomik

It's the worst bit, but it has to be done.

Think why you started and be strong.

It will take a while to settle in, but all being well and with the sun on your back it should go smoothly.

PS, bring the fleece's and sweaters!

Hi Penny,

We are also flying on 3rd August and are lucky (not sure if lucky is the right word really) in that we are not leaving very much family behind it will just be my Dad and my husbands Dad who we don't really see much of anyway, it would definately be a lot harder if my mum was still with us. We are having a leaving do on Saturday night to say goodbye to all our friends for the last time. Our best friends are coming to the airport and I think thats going to be really hard but I know they will come and visit.

Good luck with your move and hope you have a good flight.

Jo x

Have a safe trip and happy landings. Hope we can talk on the other side!!! Penny x

Its defo a mix of emotions on your last week, keep thinking of the end goal and you'll be fine.

see you when you get here.

here's my number 0429895879 and we'll have a glass of vino !!!

Thanks Nikki...what do you mean a glass!! a bottle more like!! See you soon, having a god awful week here :wacko::wacko: