Our 6 Month update

Guest The Dimmocks

Guest The Dimmocks

Well it scary to think we been in Adelaide 6 months already, time is flying by so quickly.

We are getting on great, our eldest is enjoying Kindy and starts school in October which she is really looking forward to. The boys are enjoying all the parks we find. Hubby settled well into his job, took a few months but he enjoying it now. We have been talking about me returning to work and hubby staying at home with kids. I have registered with an agent and applied for a few jobs so will see what happens.

Our UK house sold not long after we left and completed not so long ago. We have decided to stay where we are at the moment as we not sure whether to buy a house or build a house. It such a big decision we dont want to rush.

I got some lovely friends (hope they feel the same ;)), most been made through PIA. I seem to have more of a social life here than I did in England lol, not good for the hips though as to many biscuits :biglaugh:.

On the cost of living, we found it pretty much the same as UK, some things more expensive, but we always been shop arounders to get a bargin and I like a bargin so that still happens here. At the moment we are better off, especially been on a permanent visa.

I am hoping to return to UK for my sisters wedding (compliments of UK family tax credits (refund of underpayments)) in November 2011 and then my mom has said she coming out Christmas 2011, dont think we will get any visitors between then, but we love Skype which is a great way to keep in touch. Even though we thousands of miles away from UK I still get caught inbetween my sisters and brothers disagreements LOL, thought all that would stop when we moved.

Anyway enough of my babbling.

We're looking forward to the next 6 months and hoping we feel the same then.

Michelle xx

Guest The Dimmocks

Thanks for all your replies, as the saying goes "time flies when you having fun" and we are having fun.

Thanks all x

Congratulations on your 6 month anniversary ;) see time does fly when you are having fun :D

Glad to hear you have settled in ok

Someone we bumped into one time said you originate from the Midlands? Small world. I dont think you live far from us either as see your work car on your drive.

Michelle

Guest familygood

I know what you mean about the biscuits!!! The fruit and carrott sticks never seems to happen does it?! Congrats on your first 6 months. Here's to many many more. (and Yes your friends think you're lovely too!! )

xxx

Guest The Dimmocks
I know what you mean about the biscuits!!! The fruit and carrott sticks never seems to happen does it?! Congrats on your first 6 months. Here's to many many more. (and Yes your friends think you're lovely too!! )

xxx

Thanks Emma x