Do we need a jacket???

Selah

Greetings all you Adelaidians! We are on our way for a reccie this Saturday. Do my kids need jackets or will just a fleece/sweathshirt do??? We're so excited. Well actually we're not because 26 hours on a plane with a 10,8 & 3 year old may not be a picnic (and the 38 year old is already moaning the most...

Thanks!

Liz, Andrew & the gang

(138 submitted 17/8/07)

Hi Liz, Andrew & Gang

I spoke to my cousin in Morphett Vale, Adelaide on Saturday and she says that the weather is pretty good just now between 27 and 30 degrees during the day but still a little chilly in the evening.

But a fleece would probably suffice, we were there in April, just coming into their winter and when the temperature changed in the evening a fleece/jumper was ample then.

Hope this helps, but there will be others who are there at the moment (lucky gits) who would be able to answer a little better.

This coming from a person in Scotland (cold, cold, cold!)

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Greetings all you Adelaidians! We are on our way for a reccie this Saturday. Do my kids need jackets or will just a fleece/sweathshirt do??? We're so excited. Well actually we're not because 26 hours on a plane with a 10,8 & 3 year old may not be a picnic (and the 38 year old is already moaning the most...

Thanks!

Liz, Andrew & the gang

(138 submitted 17/8/07)

I would def bring fleeces, 28 yesterday today 19:arghh:.

Mind you we had rellies here at the weekend I was freezing, my BIL only had on shorts and t shirt the whoole time day and night!!! My SIL said it wasnt that cold:skeptical:.

sarah

Thanks everyone for your reply! Sarah - that's when you know you've really adjusted! We're in Cornwall and you can always tell the holiday makers - they're in the water in their bikinis - when we're on the beach with two fleeces and a pair of jeans. I'll let my kids where fleeces (their naturally warm blooded I think) and I'll bring the jacket. I'm always cold.

Liz

PS

I'm not really a bad mother it's just that no one has a jacket that's not suitable for sub zero temps and I'm not expecting that kind of fluke weather conditions.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I used to think the weather in the UK was eratic, but here it is nothing for it to be a good 10 less then the day before:arghh:. One day last year it was 34, we went to ikea came out and it was 22, that was a shock, today is supposed to be 25, but at the mo, 6.30 am it is only 6!

sarah