Using Washing Machines here.

sueoc

Hiya,

I mentioned to Aussie work colleagues that my washing machine is giving our clothes and bedding etc a hard time.Good quality dark materials are fading,or streaking,also leaving inground fluff in the material.The machine is only 12 months old,a front loader and has no lint filter,but works well except for this.Anyway the Aussies i have spoken to about this say they wash on Cold Cycle and only put half a cup of powder in as it's too concentrated .Any advice please,thanks.:)

ha!!! the whole washing business here i find is a bloody nightmare...i bought a simpson top loader when we first arrived and it has been the worst thing ever...even my aussie friend who has the exact same machine agrees it's shocking how crap it is...powder dont dissolve ,so tried mixing with a bit of water..no good..tried liquid..ok...but we are all allergic to bio products so can only use omo sensitive (only two choices here)and smells of nothing...washing machine has damaged quite a number of items(spun to death)..and the FLUFF ...it takes me ages to wash/dry/iron/de-fluff...it is a very long winded process ..but i feel better for moaning..so thanks for reading...:notworthy:

Yes, I do the same as the Aussies, but always did in the UK. I have a older front loader, Hoover.

I only put in half the recommended quanity of washing powder and usually set the water temp to 30, which is essentially cold. May be if I have a very dirty greasy, wash I may increase it to 40. I don't overload the machine though, which several in my family do. I stick to the recommended loads. I am really fussy about my washing as I hate ironing and have always had much better results doing this than any other way. I could not have a toploader in the house. You spend too much time removing fluff.

Guest Nick11

We've got a whirlpool front loader. Only problem we have with it ..kids leaving pencils etc in pockets and the pipes getting blocked. Lost count of the times hubby has had to fix it.

Guest Guest75
If you still lived in England would you really be having a debate on a forum about washing machines - you must be really bored.

:biglaugh: @ NME ,we do discuss all sorts of stuff in here at times.

No different to the UK though, I pop my head into a UK Usenet group that is just the same,trolls and all!:biglaugh:

If its the one thing I ensure we bring over, its our front loading washing machine. I don't like the top loaders they have their. Plus most of the soap powders seem to cause my husband's skin to have a reaction. I do often wash at 30C anyways, but some on 40.

I know front loaders are more expensive to buy in Aus so if our one is getting on a bit by the time we move we'll invest in a new one before leaving.

If its the one thing I ensure we bring over, its our front loading washing machine. I don't like the top loaders they have their. Plus most of the soap powders seem to cause my husband's skin to have a reaction. I do often wash at 30C anyways, but some on 40.

I know front loaders are more expensive to buy in Aus so if our one is getting on a bit by the time we move we'll invest in a new one before leaving.

There is not much difference in price now they are popular now when we came over they were hard to get and expensive but not any more