Whats with the bitchin?

Guest clare

Whats with all the bitching goin on at the minute?? this site i used to refer to loads before we came out and when we arrived, people often had a good word to say for you, or tell you where to go for somthing, now cause of a fair few idiots, it turning the site in to a malicious, backstabbing forum for peolpe to vent off at each other, most of us are here without family and friends, we all have the same commen goals and its a hard an lonely life out here at times cant we just get along??, I for one wont be logging in here much anymore which is quite sad as theres people here who work hard for this site for our benefit. I dont need all this negativety in my life at the min:nah:

Hi Clare couldn't agree more. Certainly not in the spirit of what the forum is all about. Even after a few years here, I still get help and answers from the forum, and a few people turning it into a playground squabble is just petty in my mind. If there are particular users that you find are not helping, you can put them on "ignore" - then you can choose whether to view their posts or not, or wait until you feel in the right frame of mind to do so.

There are some great people on the forum who give help and advice and a shoulder to cry on if you need one, even people that will invite complete strangers over for a coffee or a drink, or lend furniture, so don't be put off by a few...

We've all been in the position of newbies at one time or another, all had down days, and it's a forum to get support when you need it, then pay it forward and give someone else support when you don't need it anymore yourself.

Please don't give up on the forum as it's people like you who make it a valuable resource for others.

Guest WhatNow?
A friend of mine, who is also been a valued member of this forum, told me this week, she wont be coming on here anymore...

She replied to on a thread and got a barrage of abuse back!!

Really dont know what is going on here anymore......

A couple (or maybe fewer than that) sad and lonely individuals I'd guess. I have been watching this forum for years and a few months ago it seemed to have grown out of adolescence so I finally registered and started posting. Sadly the aforementioned sad person(s) have begun the slide back into nonsense again. I believe this can be traced back to a certain post a few weeks ago complaining about how 'boring' the forum had become. This individual has predictably taken it upon themselves to 'spice' things up. This type of attention seeking behaviour is best ignored and all of you who rise to these posts have only yourselves to blame - you are giving them what they crave! Please, starve them of their minute of fame by ignoring them rather than rising to the bait and bumping their idiotic posts back up the list again. I feel sorry for all those people who have to wade through the c**p to find the useful posts and for the moderators who just can't win...damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Please, if you see a post that is as obviously a wind-up bite your lips, sit on your hands and just don't respond and it will wither away on its own!

Guest Lisado

Hmmm it is sad. Having seen it and been on the receiving end of it - I rarely come on the site at all and I know quite a few others who don't. It doesn't help just when you are going through a bad time and just need help and advice.

I think people do tend to forget alot of us are new and it is hard when you out here on your own - learning new ways of life, etc.

I guess though its just a matter of looking through the rubbish and focus on the positive comments.

And take things with a pinch of salt - which can be hard at times when someone is unhelpful to you - but things normally turn alright in the end. They have for me :)

Hubby usually speaks on open forum but I very, very rarely do.............. as Clare says we dont need the negativity when we are having 'fragile' moments.....and the move itself is often enough to deal with! I private message people if I feel I can help in any way...... ;)

The problem is, it is an open forum, so when you post you have to expect reading things you don't like. Personal abuse is not on, but if someone says they are having a bad time because of something that has happened, it is anyone else's right to give their point of view, the OP may not like it and get more upset, but sadly, that is what happens on forums, you can't always gauge the mood the post is written.

I have been taken to task many times for pointing out posters who are blatantly wrong in what they say and the advice they give, its doesn't go down well, but I can't just read and ignore bad info being given out.

If I ever do make a mistake on here, I will accept it, but it hasn't happened yet :)