• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rude car driver

Title
      Liked
      148 times
      Rep

Rude car driver

Just wanting to vent a little as I am feeling
      I was cycling to work this morning, minding my own business, just before 9am, so after the main earlybird rush, hence fewer cars on the road. At a red traffic light, this car pulls up in the lane next to me, winds down his window and starts hurling abuse at me for daring to be in the right hand lane on a bicycle (I was waiting to turn right), because it's illegal, that I hadn't paid my taxes so shouldn't be allowed on the road, and that I should move over to let the cars past (at a red light). I politely informed him that he needed to brush up on his road rules, as he was incorrect. He finally gave up on lecturing me about how I shouldn't be allowed to exist, and told me I should get a f*cking new dress and a hairdo. ???? Quite what that had to do with the situation I'm not sure...

So apparently, I choose to leave my (fully registered) car at home and take my life into my own hands cycling to work through the city, in order to reduce pollution, congestion and parking issues, for rude middle-aged men. Great.

Title
      Liked
      78 times
      Rep
      He was obviously a toss*r, dont let him ruin your day, what goes around will come around....
      Im sure your hair and dress were fine, unlike his manners!!

Title
      Liked
      4457 times
      Rep
      Sorry to hear that,just bad luck.

Also a a cyclist you are an easy target so it shows the moral fibre of the Dill picking on you.

Title
      Liked
      1114 times
      Rep
      Besides you would have been wearing a helmet so hair style not really visible. Don't worry about the idiot.
      Sailed SS Australis out of Southampton 1977.Arrived October in Adelaide via Melbourne 1977.Liverpool/London 1987 - 1992
      Adelaide 1992 to eternity:)and one day you'll wake up and stop counting how long you've been here.

Title
      Liked
      148 times
      Rep
      Oh don't worry, didn't any comments personally (esp the dress/hair, that was just laughable), was just a rude reminder that there are some real a***holes out there. I feel sorry for the people he's working/living with. Just needed to vent the adrenaline rush...

rachinadelaide
      My husband and I have both experienced similar when we've been out on our bikes. Not quite as abusive as your experience but never-the-less a clear indication of the way many people feel about cyclists. We've had food thrown at us, blokes yelling at us to get our effing fat arses off the road, and people who drive far too close and yell just to prove a point. Our neighbour recently told us he wished he could leave his wide towing wing mirrors on so he could take out a few bloody cyclists (he didn't know that we both cycle to work!).
      When we first got here I was quite upste by it all but I'm over being sensitive now. There are many, many idiots around and I choose to feel sorry for them as they are obviously not enjoying life as much as we are!! (And I secretly hope they drive their gas-guzzling cars into a stobie-pole, that always makes me feel better too)

Title
      Liked
      11 times
      Rep
      hehe sorry for laughing but what a w*nker. I would of told him to &*^% &#$ and concentrate on his driving or my friends in blue would make his life a misery

Title
      Liked
      422 times
      Rep
      He must have the little man syndrome!!! Bet if you had been 6 foot tall with a beard and tattoos..he would have left you well alone.

Title
      Liked
      148 times
      Rep
      hehe, yeah I must say I had to bite my tongue, but I do find it more satisfying to be extra-polite to people who are hurling abuse, gives you the moral upper-hand, and generally makes the idiot look even more idiotic, providing passers-by with more entertainment...

I guess I was just a bit shocked/surprised by the abuse, as until now, I've found that most car drivers here are actually pretty good about cyclists, barring the usual few idiots who just drive as if you aren't there, and the other idiots who think the cycle lane is a left hand turning lane, but you get those everywhere.

on the plus side, if that guy keeps getting so angry about nothing, he'll give himself a heart-attack before long, so that'll be one less w*nker on the roads.

Title
      Liked
      422 times
      Rep
      It's his poor wife I feel sorry for. Pity you didn't get his rego.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast