Better weather is coming!

Guest Guest75

Good news.

Seems to have been a long winter but I remember saying that last year as well.

Yeah, same here. Our first winter, three years ago, everyone told us it was exceptionally long and cold (and it struck me that for a place with such a serious drought it didn't half rain a lot!) Then last year, several people mentioned that the winter was unusually long and cold. Just this last weekend, someone dared to state that this year's is a particularly long and cold winter. :wacko:

Jim

I think they said on TV the other day that this was either the coldest or the wettest winter for 40 years. My teeth were chattering so loudly that I didn't really hear properly.... Certainly the reservoirs should be full!

They probably have some prepared words and stats that they use identically every winter :D

If anyone wants me, I'm the one wearing a duvet underneath my overcoat ...

Good news.

Seems to have been a long winter but I remember saying that last year as well.

Yes I remember being in the UK this time last year and reading similar comments lol... I'll be joining in with you all next year ha ha!!!! Bring on the Sunshine please, I thought Sunday was the turning point as it was so gorgeous...

Guest Guest75
I think they said on TV the other day that this was either the coldest or the wettest winter for 40 years. My teeth were chattering so loudly that I didn't really hear properly.... Certainly the reservoirs should be full!

I passed Myponga reservoir the other day and it's full.

Off to chop some firewood now - trouble is I'm too warm to need it by the time I've finished:biglaugh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

it does seem long and cold but if you think about it, winter didnt set in till june and its only august!! Just remember how long it is winter in UK for, more like october to april!!

Then to top it off they only get few weeks of summer if they are lucky!!

Anyone who dares to say to me in the summer "we need some Rain" will get a bash on the head with my handbag that will have a brick in it!!:biglaugh:

Guest Tina P

Anyone who dares to say to me in the summer "we need some Rain" will get a bash on the head with my handbag that will have a brick in it!!:biglaugh:

LOL.... or do you get 'you will be used to the cold' - had that said to me so many times ?

of course I feel the cold same as anyone else.

Must get a wood burner for next winter.

Certainly had plenty of rain the last few days - we're cut off from Athelstone now: all the bridges round here are under water, and our local one looks like it has taken a hit from a large bit of tree or something as completely wrecked! Looks like my kids will have to find an alternative route to/from school for the near future!

it does seem long and cold but if you think about it, winter didnt set in till june and its only august!! Just remember how long it is winter in UK for, more like october to april!!

Then to top it off they only get few weeks of summer if they are lucky!!

Now now Sarah dnt go on about the UK.....:policeman:

You know what can happen.....:huh:

HG

Guest SA Great
Yeah, same here. Our first winter, three years ago, everyone told us it was exceptionally long and cold (and it struck me that for a place with such a serious drought it didn't half rain a lot!) Then last year, several people mentioned that the winter was unusually long and cold. Just this last weekend, someone dared to state that this year's is a particularly long and cold winter. :wacko:

Jim

LOL Brilliant!! I bet next year will be exceptionally long and cold too.