Last date for Sea Mail is 15 September

Moosh

Just got this off the Australia Post site

"The Sea Mail closing date for gifts being sent to the United Kingdom is 21 September, while most of mainland Europe is one week later, on 28 September. If you need to send gifts to South America you'll have to get organised even sooner with some closing dates as early as 17 August."

All Sea Mail departs from Sydney so people sending parcels from interstate or outside the metropolitan area should allow extra time for their parcels to travel to Sydney before the listed closing date.

So although the last posting date is the 21st, it has to go to Sydney first, so I would use the 15th as last post day

Guest katsmajic

OMG Xmas is just around the corner then....

I've been buying vouchers Argos etc online for pressies so far this year - as long as the exchange rate stays in our favour i think i'll do it for xmas too.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

it will be the 15th from.here as it is given a week to get to Sydney as thats whee the boat goes from.

Michelle thanks for that, I always forget till you remind me!! Now I know what I will be doing soon. I am sending mine earlier than the 15th as one year they didnt get there till january!