what a good idea!!

Guest laurenburton92

Guest laurenburton92

well, i had the idea of posting some leaflets to the people by my house advertising me doing mobile hair, and what a good response iv had!

i had phone calls virtually straight away!

i am so pleased, and i am finnaly starting to get some money from my trade :D

Just thought i would post this to tell people that it's a good idea to get some work by posting leaflets because i have found it very helpfull!!

Lauren

Well done Lauren!

Maybe the notice boards in the centres with tear off phone number strips might work as well?

Give out some business cards or leaflets to your existing clients and you will get friends and relatives as well.

Maybe offer a cheapie introductory cut / treatment and you'll get regular clients.

Tamara

Guest laurenburton92

good idea!

i don't no where to get busines card's made, i would really like to have some nice ones made properly! any idea?

notice boards where?

i need to no all the info i only moved herea month ago so i don't have a cluee hahh x

I am out in the southern suburbs. Maybe a post on here would find you a good deal for business cards??? Worth a try.

Maybe check with the concierge's in the centres. If you were living this side I could help...Colonnades, Old Reynella (Southgate Plazza), The Hub (Aberfoyle Park).

I don't really know your side of the world....maybe Diane can help???

Great news Lauren, well done.

As for business cards - I think you are over on the West side of the City? I am at work at the end of this week (in Port Adelaide) so will ask some locals if they know of somewhere. I know I did drive past a place on Port Road (going into the City) that had a big board up advertising business cards at what seemed a very cheap rate.... Otherwise if anyone on here works in a printers, perhaps they could do you a good deal??

Guest laurenburton92

aw thank you that's very kind!

thanks for all the advice everyone it's soooo usefull! i don't really no anywhere to go so i shall put a post up now and see if any one can help.

i dn't want anything fancy and im not too fussy as long as there presentable and cheap and look good :D haha x

Guest Chandan

Well done Lauren!! So glad its working out for you.. perserverance pays off... just to be on the safe side always keep a diary of where and when you are to be at your clients and leave it at home just so someone knows where you are.. just to be safe (sorry the mother in me has come out!!). but YAY for you!!

Guest laurenburton92

good idea, i shall do that :D

my mum has my number tho so that should keep me safe too hopfully! loll :D

thanksss :D

perserveerance is working still got a long wayy to go, but things are looking good at the moment :) x

Another thought Lauren.

I did mobile for years but I also had a small salon at my house. I even had the home salon when i had the shop. You would be amazed how many people want early morning, late at night or over weekends.....as long as you don't mind the inconvenience.

Try the old age homes and nursery / kindies to hand out leaflets or work from their premises.

You will end up with all the neighbours....it really is word of mouth.

I wish you all the best...go for it!

Guest laurenburton92

brill idea didnt no if i was allowed to post anything in those kind of places, i will now tho :)

i would prefer to work those types of hours anyway, who really wants to work 9-5! haha

thanks for the help really, its so usefull!! x