Weather

Guest cruise

Hi everyone

Noticed the other day on adelaidenow that temperatures were in the range of 4-18. Did not realise that they went down as much as that. Is frost common there? What is the best form of heating during the winters? Bet, since houses are much bigger, it must be freezing!! How many days are the temperatures so low? Cheers Nick

We dnt get much frost here mate....you get it a bit firther north past the city....we have had frost once that i can remember seeing while we have been here.

I have never had to scrape any ice off my car.....it does get cool here....thats one of the reasons we moved here.

As for keeping warm, some people have log fires, log burners, gas heating and air con....the houses are so built/designed to keep cool during the summer.

Trust me when you have days of 35/40/45....the winters seem like a lifetime away....

You do get some beautiful winters days out here, clear blue skies flat calm seas....

Do a bit of googling for weather and stuff for Adelaide, shes a beautiful lady....

HG

Guest Guest5035
Hi everyone

Noticed the other day on adelaidenow that temperatures were in the range of 4-18. Did not realise that they went down as much as that. Is frost common there? What is the best form of heating during the winters? Bet, since houses are much bigger, it must be freezing!! How many days are the temperatures so low? Cheers Nick

18 can be a warm day in winter, i've known it go as low as 10 during the day in the metro area.

stevo

Guest Denise 42

best advise bring has many heaters and warm clothes has possible, the winter here is cold and the house are not set up for winter. But we forget that when its 42 in the summer and i live in the hills so is colder than the city

Ive seen frost once when we were living in Blackwood and even that was easily wiped off the window screen. It is cool in the winter but when its a sunny day in the middle of winter its great. houses do generally have some form of heating, it just means sometimes you have to wear a jumper in the house. I like the seasons and winter isnt really that long here!! you still have to carry your sunnies around!!!

You'll love it!

Kim

Hi. Do you get 4 seasons in the year? How many months does real winter last? One of the reasons for moving to oz is the winter in the UK. On another note, is medicare enough on its own just like the NHS here? Is it true that one does not need to pay for anything if you are treated on medicare?

Hi. Do you get 4 seasons in the year? How many months does real winter last? One of the reasons for moving to oz is the winter in the UK. On another note, is medicare enough on its own just like the NHS here? Is it true that one does not need to pay for anything if you are treated on medicare?

Yes there are 4 seasons, winter lasts 5 months ish, no medicare is not free and not like the nhs, its partly funded but you do have to pay top up fees for certain things such as gp visits, however many things are free, its very complicated :)

We dnt get much frost here mate....you get it a bit firther north past the city....

Common misconception amongst those who grew up in the northern hemisphere! Down here in Oz, it gets colder as you go south, hotter as you go north!

Common to both hemispheres though is that the higher up (not geographically but altitudinally!) you go, the colder it gets - so frosts are mainly in the hills!

Your blood thins after you've been here a while though, so after a while anything below 18 degrees feels like the bloody arctic!