Stoping smoking- champix tablets ?

Guest JACK JONES

Guest JACK JONES

Has anybody tried using CHAMPIX tablets to stop smoking?

I know they have been available in the UK for a while, and are now available in Australia.

From what i have read on other forums , they seem to do the trick.

They are being described as ' a new miracle tablet ' .

Thanks.

Yeah tried them....did the trick until i came off them, then after about a month or so...went back to smoking...but i made the mistake of not finishing the course....thought i had cracked it and couldnt be bothered to take them anymore...

You can get them on prescription, which brings the cost down, but only get one shot at it a year through medicare.

Be warned, they can make you feel really sick...really weird dreams, thats when you stay asleep....find i would wake up in the middle of the night and struggle to get back to sleep...

Hi

I have been on them and have so far lasted 12 days with not having even a puff of a fag. My O/H is still smoking and that doesn't even make me want a fag. I have not had any sickness symptons but I have made sure that I take them after food and at the same time each day. I have had some wierd dreams and have waken up a lot at night but I feel that this is a small price to pay. I have tried loads of things in the past but this has been the easiest for me so far. I have not really had any cravings for a fag. I have thought about them but don't actually want one so I think that is more about the habit of smoking rather than missing having a fag.

Some people do seem to find that these tablets don't agree with them but I have been fine so I would say give them a try and if you don't get on with them then try something else. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.

Jules

I tried champix a couple of years ago,,,did the trick with the smokes but made me quite ill,,same pattern as everyone else is describing,,however was back on the smokes as soon as i finished the course, have currently been off the smokes using nicabate chewing gum for nearly 4 weeks,just keep reminding myself of how bad they are,expensive etc and am actualy feeling quite good,suppose its 80% willpower in the end.Went to docs last week to get some support and he says that nicotine is more addictive than heroin,,so good luck whoever is trying to stop!