what i miss about UK

Guest Denise 42

I reckon underfloor heating would be the same effect as gas ducted stops heating as soon as you switch it off. The underfloor works by heating the floor material with pipes full of water which run err under your floor. That means even after you switch it off, you benefit from the radient heat for a while. It is also a lot less drying.

Incidentally I know someone in NSW with a rayburn stove which uses burning wood to heat water which heats rads.

If this isn't possible we should all get together and ship a container of boilers and rads over and get a UK plumber to fit them! :biglaugh:

Guest kfoley0681

funny myself and husband have been talking about this recently!!! he was a plumber and central heating installer in the uk and dont know bout u guys but the thought and actually seeing the ducted heating in practice is horrid! ok is loevly that its warms you up but blowing the heat out??? good old radiators i say!!!!! husband was wondering if it be worth shipping boilers and rads out in bulk and installing them ozzies think we are mad and say radiators are for cars most plumbers from here havent experienced "uk" heating systems! what a dream!!!!

www.saheatingsolutions.com.au based in mclaren vale..

Len Finney 0427 010 599

He fixed our gas fire in our rental & his company does gas central heating, radiators/underfloor heating(hot water).. he said its alot cheaper to run than reverse cycle heating, although i havent got a quote from him yet to see how much to install... and he's English..

And he's English? What does that mean? That Australians aren't as good? That you only deal with English people? Sorry for sounding pedantic but was just wondering!

I've no problems with Australians!!! I wouldn't be living here if I did!!!!

As he's English, he understands exactly what the Brits are used to with regards to 'Central Heating' . I thinks it sometimes helps using tradies that know where your coming from!!!

Guest Guest1435
And he's English? What does that mean? That Australians aren't as good? That you only deal with English people? Sorry for sounding pedantic but was just wondering!

You don't sound pedantic just pathetic, like quite a few others on here lately.