Currently on a Reccie and no one warned me!

Selah

Greetings from a sleep deprived prospective immigrant!! Just a quick rant to say having had a problem free and smooth journey with my 3, 8 and 10 year old, we thought we were home free! No one warned me that the jet lag situation for the kids was far worse than the actual journey! We've been up for the last two nights with some of the most spectacular temper tantrums I've had in my 11 years of parenting! I really wasn't prepared as I'm American and my husband's British so my kids are used to trans atlantic journeys. I should have known when we landed in the first rain storm Adelaide's had for ages that we were in for it. I know it will get sorted (in time to go home on the 13th) but it does take away some of the fun! Anyway, for those reccie ing soon, driving around areas is just so important as the internet pictures of real estate can be deceiving (sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.) Hard because my in-laws just returned here after 3 years in the UK and things have changed so much as far as popular areas that you really realise you need to wait until you actually get here to make a decision. Anyway, thanks for the rant.

Liz (exhausted), Andrew (exhausted), Charis (hyper), Josiah (exhausted and irritable) and Daniel (Jekyl & Hyde)

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there and welcome to Adelaide

Oh the joys of jetlag with kids ..... ours would fall asleep about 7pm and we would think, we have cracked it and then they would be up at midnight for a few hours wide awake!!! Sorry to tell you this, but it takes about a week to get over it!!!

Enjoy, happy travelling and let us know if you fancy meeting up with the kids for them to let off steam and have a play.

Regs

Sas

Poor you! We had the flights from hell with our children (3 & 1) when we came over in July and the effect of the jetlag on all of us was horrendous. The children were unbelievably bored and irritable at having to spend long hours in the car with us looking at possible places to live when what they really wanted to do was play and run around. If you need a shoulder to cry on and a real person to have a rant at, feel free to knock on our door!:arghh: