So what have we done since our 1st installment ??!!
1. Still renting in HC. Great suburb & location to get around. Met some lovely people, who have helped us settle really well.
2. Kids enrolled in School. The hardest of all (except house hunting) but they have been in school almost 2 weeks & are both very happy not just to be at school but also to be meeting children their own age. 3 months is a long time out of school & I know they were both definitely ready to go back - well I certainly was
3. Work. Ashley has been working now for a month. Everything is going fine, no problems so far. He is tired mainly because of the early starts, he is up at 5.30 AM 5 days a week, which for someone who was self employed & only knows one 5.30 being PM not AM, its taken some time to get used to The work itself is not a problem for him at all.
4. House hunting. Well its finally over.....we have brought a house subject to FIRB approval. Settlement takes place later in November & we are all very happy & relieved to be back on the property ladder (well almost) I will feel much better once FIRB give us their 'blessing' . The kids are really looking forward to taking a dip in their own swimming pool as the hot Summer days approach.
5. Weather. Very mixed. Some days are baking 30+ others can be cool & windy. But we love it all. Blue Skies & I will NEVER be bored driving up & down Dyson Rd with the stunning views of Brighton in the distance.
6. Homesickness. None. Miss the people we left behind, which is natural. The boys kick off about going home when they have been naughty. I've told them it must stop because when it happens it upsets the other one, which is not good. But no family wobbles, so far so good.
7. Roads. Getting used to the very changeable 80 km to 60 km to 70 km. Took some doing but I am more confident now. A sat nav is a must & a UBD.
8. Beaches. Love them all really. Don't have a favourite but I'm sure I will have.
9. Australians. We have some great neighbours & the kids have been brilliant with our boys, they will miss living here. The mums at school are really friendly to but its a little harder to fit in with them than I thought it would be, but its takes time & I'm here to stay so thats fine.
10. Pommes. Met some GREAT people. The forums for me have been invaluable. Everyone has been really generous & helped us settle in brilliantly. Thank you to everyone I have met so far & to everyone that I have either rang or pm'd, you have all been brilliant.
11. Furniture. You can get many things here at a reasonable price, Le Cornu, Image, Radio Rentals & Harvey Norman (plus many more I'm sure) - they all have room sets & individual furniture at reasonable prices. For smaller bits, eg the kitchen, I have been to IKEA today (1st time ) brought a wok, pans, cups, cutlery, knife set - all basic but for less than $60. The cheaper stuff is here if you want it. Don't rule out garage sales either, they often have a few bits & bobs worth buying to.
These are my own thoughts written down. I love Adelaide & I know I will be very happy here .