Been here 2 years today

Guest Trakki

Today 2 years ago we landed here with only £4000 to our name. With 4 children a short term rental and thankfully I had a job lined up. In the last two years we have had many ups and downs but have not given up, we have picked ourselves up and got on with life. We now have our gorgeous little Aussie boy Kian who has just turned one, a twist in our lives we never thought we would have but certainly would not change him for the world. We are still renting and are at the moment looking at selling the house in the UK.

So what have we got out of the last 2 years apart from another child? We are closer as a family, we do alot more as a family as we can afford to as most is free, ie trip to the beach etc. We go camping regularly, one thing we have always enjoyed but could never do in the UK. Me and Pete have better social lives than we did in the UK. I have great English and Aussie friends who I can 100% rely on. The children are happy, we especially notice this in the older two, Sophie hated swimming in the Uk and any sport, she now does dancing, basketball and wants to do tennis, surfing, netball to name a few. Jack loves his soccer and is more outgoing than he ever was. The main thing being that they all love it here and are happy.

It has certainly not been all easy as those of you that know us will agree but would we change anything, throw in the towel and go back to the UK? NOPE, this is home and always will be as far as we are concerned, anyway who would want to do that flight with 5 kids? 4 was bad enough!..

Sorry if I bored anyone.

Congrats Guys and Girls. I've seen a lot of posts on here about "the ups and downs" of life, but lets face it, if it were easy, nobody would be living in the uk. Everybody would be in Oz. :P

Here's to hoping myself and a few others can be saying what you've just said, in a few years time.

James :D