Wooohooooo - he got the job

Hazel M

Hi Hazel

Well done on your hubby getting a job prior to arrival. What a position to be in a job before you arrive is such a weight off. We too are from Wolverhampton and have been here in Adelaide for 8 months and loving it. Adelaide is a lovely place to live an you wont be dissapointed, and I have found everyone to be so friendly. I work in an area called Belair and was in Belair post office the other day, only to be approached by someone who had emigrated from Walsall in the west midlands who heard me talking. She just came up to me and said"I love your accent". Talk about a small world, we had such a laugh. Just wanted to give you a bit of an insight to life in Adelaide as I know nerves will be setting in now. But dont worry you will be fine.

All the best

Chris

Guest The Dimmocks
So many Black Country folk! Welcome to another one!

There are a few. Hubby bumped into a woman a few weeks back, she been here 35 years but used to live a street away from our old house. She still got a strong accent and called her son out to listen to my hubby talking telling him you could be talking like that if we had stayed in england.

Thanks! We been busy all day looking for the cheapest flights we can find - which atm looks like it'll be New Years Eve! £2368 leaving London at 8.50pm. I think we'll be having new year somewhere over Afghanistan!!!! As long as the children :SLEEP: a bit I'll be happy!!

We're taking the youngest on our lap :wacko: to save on costs - so we 're preparing for a horrific time of it... anything else will be a bonus!!

So much to sort out as well as so much going on in my head too - the rollercoaster has well and truly begun:v_SPIN:

Thanks! We been busy all day looking for the cheapest flights we can find - which atm looks like it'll be New Years Eve! £2368 leaving London at 8.50pm. I think we'll be having new year somewhere over Afghanistan!!!! As long as the children :SLEEP: a bit I'll be happy!!

We're taking the youngest on our lap :wacko: to save on costs - so we 're preparing for a horrific time of it... anything else will be a bonus!!

So much to sort out as well as so much going on in my head too - the rollercoaster has well and truly begun:v_SPIN:

dont envy you taking youngest on lap its a long flight ,i took my youngest on lap to florida he was just one at the time and it was a nightmare and never again lol. Hope you have a good flight.

I know Janice its def not ideal, am dreading it!

Every hundred pounds in costs counts at this stage tho.

We're going to have to get by on a wing and a prayer as it is. If we sell the house we'll only have about £3k to bring. If we rent it, it will be even worse so literally every pound counts.

Any money-making or saving tips appreciated!!!!

I know Janice its def not ideal, am dreading it!

Every hundred pounds in costs counts at this stage tho.

We're going to have to get by on a wing and a prayer as it is. If we sell the house we'll only have about £3k to bring. If we rent it, it will be even worse so literally every pound counts.

Any money-making or saving tips appreciated!!!!

I know how you feel, we have not got our visa yet but we have house on market but no luck in selling. Money will be tight for us when we eventually go and also new baby soon to be born so maybe in same situation ourselves lol. Good luck i wish we were going.:)

Guest Trakki
Congratulations Janice... or should I say 'good luck' for the birth!! Hope it nice and quick for you LOL!

We've booked now - and she will indeed be on my lap!!! Will let you know how we get on and then you can decide for yourself !!

I had Joe on my lap when we came, he was 14 months, they offered me the crib but he was too big, the flight to singapore was great as they left the seat next to me empty so when he fell asleep I laid him on that and the flight attendants gave me more pillows and blankets to pad it out. On the flight from singapore I had a stroppy cow next to me so had Joe on my lap and everytime he moved she tutted at me!! Having him on my lap was fine though, we did spend some time walking up and down the aisles though.