All the newbies...

HEAPS GOOD !!!

with this lovely weather we are having over the weekend just make sure you cover up well...Factor 30 sunscreen is what we use all the time keep the kids covered up too.

Do not underestimate the power of the sun here in South Australia it does not take much to burn you and its a sin to be burnt here.

Take care cover up and drink plenty of lids...not beer lol.

Enjoy the little teaser to what this beautiful place has to offer.

Have a great long weekend.

HG

Guest friends4life
with this lovely weather we are having over the weekend just make sure you cover up well...Factor 30 sunscreen is what we use all the time keep the kids covered up too.

Do not underestimate the power of the sun here in South Australia it does not take much to burn you and its a sin to be burnt here.

HG

Hi There,

We are arriving in Adelaide on 13th October for 3 weeks.

Please could you tell me if I should be packing hats and scarves or shorts and t-shirts.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Friends4Life

HG

This site gives estimated UV levels. It has been over seven this week and that can certainly burn you.

Cooler

ARPANSA - Adelaide Realtime UV Index Data

• 3 weeks later...
:embarrassed: note to self: backs of hands and wrists are not covered by long sleeves... DOH!

Nasty....i got my hands burnt once when i went out with Tyke on his boat...had covered everywhere cept my hands they were a little sore.....

Were into a nice run of 20s.....but the sun is so different here it doesnt take long to start to burn...

HG

Yeah, it's embarrassing really, don't know how I managed to miss the hands, I mean I'm not a newbie to the southern hemisphere sun, have spent a lot of time in NZ, and know full well that even in winter, 20min of evening sun can burn you to a crisp (on that occasion I started to feel it, and told my friend we should go inside - she laughed - as a result, I was slightly pink, brown the next day, and she couldn't sit for a week...)