All you newbies

Guest laurenburton92

Guest laurenburton92

BE CAREFULL what you post!

One bad word, one 'wrong' opinion, and your post will be deleted!

In one post I gave my opinion, the complete truth as far as I am concerned and I was told, basically that It was wrong! As a human, I am entitled to my opinion, and I thought forums like thid were for opinions! If people had told us the truth before we moved to adeaide then we wouldn't be moving in two weeks to brisbane!

Personal infomation is given out on this site, and mine + my mothers identity was revealed which we are both really not happy about!!

See how many views this thread gets before being deleted, if the moderators don't like or agree with my point, it will get deleted or I will be classed as a trouble maker!

I think people over seas looking to come over should no the truth about adelaide, and I havnt got only bad things to say, so if anyone would like to no of my expereince of adelaide, please reply on thisd and don't feel forced to private message me, as this is what forums are all about!

Honesty and opinions!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squareman

Your posts attracted criticism because you debate like a 12 year old. You can't make sweeping generalisations and expect to be taken seriously. What are you doing up this late anyway? Too many sweets today?

;-)

Guest laurenburton92

Funny! You don't even know how old I am, the number in my name could mean anything! Narrow minded just like the majority of people on this forum! You are pathetic coming on my post creating a argument! U clearley have nothing better to do you sad sad person! Spend your days sitting on a forum creating arguments with '12 year old girls'

Nice one!

Please, I think Lauren has a valid opinion and am amazed how everyone has jumped in to criticise her.

It has long been a problem in SA that young people have left the state to go either interstate or overseas - this has been debated openly for years and the government of SA has always made it a priority to try and stop its young people from leaving. I remember Mike Rann talking about this when I saw him (in person) in London at Australia House a few years ago, giving a speech to all the ex-pat Australians and trying to persuade them to come home.

Some statistics :

"At June 2009, SA had a median age of 39.1 years (the age at which half the population is older and half is younger). This was the second highest of all states and territories (behind Tasmania).

The LGA of Victor Harbor © had the highest median age in Australia at 54.4 years. The next highest in SA were Yorke Peninsula (DC) (50.9 years), Yankalilla (DC) (49.1) and Tumby Bay (DC) (48.5), all of which were among the top ten in Australia. The median age for Anangu Pitjantjatjara (AC) (28.8), was the lowest of all South Australian LGAs, followed by Roxby Downs (M) (30.2), Adelaide © (31.1) and Playford © (34.1).

In the five years to 2009, the median age of Adelaide © decreased by 2.1 years to 31.1 years. This was the largest decrease of all LGAs in SA. In contrast, the largest increase in median age over this period was recorded for Kingston (DC), which increased by 5.1 years to 47.1 years."

So Adelaide (centre) itself is getting younger, whereas the traditional retirement spots are getting older. I can understand where Lauren is coming from. I used to wonder where all the young people where, in comparison to British cities where the city centres are full of nightspots. Yes, Adelaide does have some venues but the number seems very small given the population. I'm sure teenagers do other things - there seems to be a lot of going round peoples houses - but for somebody newly arrived here who hasn't built up that network of friends through school then it must be very hard.

Guest laurenburton92

I am not in school so yes its not as easier, I am a qualified hairdresser working in a hair salon so yes it would take longer to build up a good network, I'm not trying to say that a lot of old people is an issue for everyone, for me it is because I don't want to grow up in a place like this I would like to live in a place that has something going on for us, and where the city is buzzing on a saturday night, adelaide wasn't, I came home dissapointed!

Hense, one of the reasons we are moving to brisbane, me + my family would like to stay close forever, so the 3 children wanting to move to a different state when they hit 18 is really not what we came for!!

But thank you anne for your comment, it is nice to see that some people can understand where I am coming from without getting argumentative :)

Guest Squareman

I don't need to know how old you are, your arguments - and this thread you have started - are juvenile and that's all that matters.

Hope you enjoy Brisbane. Be mindful that there are loads more spiders there. It's not a place where you can just jump into a ball-pit or sit down on a chair in your doll-house, without looking first. It's also a lot warmer, which may leave you prone to more headaches if you eat your ice-cream too fast to prevent it from melting.

;-)

Guest laurenburton92

Yeah I heard it rains more but oh well, I will be okay my assesor in college was from brisbane so she has a few numbers for me! Should be fine + dandy! X

Young Lady,

You are not the first and you will not be the last to discover that this site is not really an open Forum,where people can debate the pros and cons of living in Adelaide and it's virtues and pitfalls etc.Anything negative will soon be pounced upon by the usual suspects(you all know who you are!)Your replies will be deleted and the Clique will bear down upon you with great venom.This is precisely why many members seldom post on here any more.Don't despair though,the big brother site PIO is much more of an open Forum where people can converse with opinions without fear of heavy duty abuse.:)

Guest laurenburton92

Agreed! PIO is not as biased! Just a shame really that some people are so narrow minded on here!

Quick to give there opinion on all the other states though! Lol!

Newbies should definitly be allowed to see good AND bad??

Guest Guest75
Young Lady,

You are not the first and you will not be the last to discover that this site is not really an open Forum,where people can debate the pros and cons of living in Adelaide and it's virtues and pitfalls etc.Anything negative will soon be pounced upon by the usual suspects(you all know who you are!)Your replies will be deleted and the Clique will bear down upon you with great venom.This is precisely why many members seldom post on here any more.Don't despair though,the big brother site PIO is much more of an open Forum where people can converse with opinions without fear of heavy duty abuse.:)

Yawn,yawn,yawn.

Sue You only appear when there is trouble on the forum now.

You are so predictable :chatterbox:

Yawn,yawn,yawn.

Do you want some fish to go with the chips on the shoulder???

I see your "Mate" is also coming out with the "Mod conspiracy theories"

Yawn,yawn yawn..........;)

Any one can look at a persons previous posts and put 2 and 2 together.

Selfish to say the least as few would put up with this rubbish, look how many mods we have burnt out on this site, perhaps it is due to some of the venomous clique of posters on here - not the mods who actually try and keep some order in the anarchy of some some folks minds.

I ought to go fishing more - it's fairer..........:cute:

Yawn,yawn,yawn..predictable,predictable,predictable.

The usual backlash.

The usual ......."I don't like Adelaide now"

Yawn,yawn,yawn.............

Guest Squareman
That is uncalled for!Is it any wonder young people feel alienated when forwarding their opinion with worthless replies like that!:realmad:

Ok, Brad Pitt posters then....

Are you asleep yet Tyke?If not then may i suggest that it is you who is so predictable!Always there when there is trouble (as you see it)like when someone does not fit in to the way you and your merry band of sycophants see things .Believe it or not,some people find it hard to settle here,but that to you is trouble,because all is well with your cosy little number.Why don't you relinquish your throne and do us all a favour?Perhaps then all the members who never come on here any more will return.:huh:

Guest laurenburton92

I havnt liked adelaide since day one tyke! And I wonder how long it would take before u put your comment on here! Pathetic!

You are all just so narrow minded + self obsessed its beyond a joke! You are saying nothing constructive at all so why even bother writing any thing! You push people out from writing on here because they feel scared that they will just get shouted at!

More than a few people have pm'd me telling me they feel the same as me and feel as though they can't post anything!!

You all need too pull your fingers out and realise what this site is really about! Helping poms on there journey over + the ones that are here??

HA biggest joke ever, u will only tell them the things that they want to hear, so that adelaide becomes full of them, before u no it u will have urselves ur own little england!!

Lucky you!

Guest laurenburton92

May I ask tyke, how old are you? Your having a go, because I say its full of old people? But how old are u? Something gives me the feeling your not under 30??

Hmmm!

Guest Guest75
Are you asleep yet Tyke?If not then may i suggest that it is you who is so predictable!Always there when there is trouble (as you see it)like when someone does not fit in to the way you and your merry band of sycophants see things .Believe it or not,some people find it hard to settle here,but that to you is trouble,because all is well with your cosy little number.Why don't you relinquish your throne and do us all a favour?Perhaps then all the members who never come on here any more will return.:huh:

Hey Sue.....all I have to do is ask if any one is remotely interested........... to look at certain poster's posting history.

;);)

Night.night.

BTW, I'm expecting your predictable mate to come and make some predictable retort in this thread now.

All these "mystery" members who never come on now??

It's a two year cycle for a lot of folk.

I can honestly say that I've met a lot of folk who say they are sick of the bickering by certain members (not me :cute:) - and do not come on here any more.

Anyway I thought you were happy to speak your mind on PIO - what is your name on there??

It must be the same if you are truthful??

Guest Guest75
May I ask tyke, how old are you? Your having a go, because I say its full of old people? But how old are u? Something gives me the feeling your not under 30??

Hmmm!

I'm a very happy and slightly youthful 52. Lived a very full life and did not expect to make it this far.

I certainly ain't old yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Not having a go on account of my age I can assure you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that anyone who has met me can vouch for that!!!!!!!!!:cute::cute:

Just look in my photo album!!

or here ya go.........

Just to prove that I have nothing to hide.........

28lb0507101.jpg

Prize fish was that..............

Guest laurenburton92

How can u even be a moderator when u are so biased?

Me + sue are not mates, we share the same opinion, which in your mind is 'forbidden'

God forbid TWO people think something bad about adelaide, maybe she didn't want to start trouble but also didn't want to see me get slaughtered by everyone on here!

Good for her that she stands her ground!