Drive from Adelaide to Sydney

Guest pauljoinoz

Guest pauljoinoz

Hi

Just wondered if anyone has does this drive? If so recommended stops along the way - won't be going via Great Ocean Road more inland. Also is 5 days roughly the right amount of time to do this or would we need longer?

Thank you

Surely the great ocean rd is the very long way to sydney!!

But if you keep the ocean to your right you can't get lost. :jimlad:

I have spoken to loads of my fellow workmates and they always go the sortest route and come back along the coastal route. The reason being apparently the views are better along the coast on the way back. :unsure:

Guest sarahtwinn82

We drove Sydney to Adelaide when we first arrived. I then did a return trip to collect the cats from quarantine.

If you want to just get to Sydney and not do any tourist stuff on the way then you can do the journey in a comfortable day and half. I did the round trip in 3 days, staying at Yass both nights.

The shortest route is a little under 1400km, so realistically you are looking at around 14 1/2 to 15 hrs driving time if you dont want to risk a speeding ticket.

The easiest route is via Gawler, Renmark, Mildura, Hay, Wagga Wagga, Gundagai, Yass and Sydney.

I wouldnt attempt it in one day with a single driver.

If you want any other info feel free to PM.

Peter

The easiest route is via Gawler, Renmark, Mildura, Hay, Wagga Wagga, Gundagai, Yass and Sydney.

Ah, Hay - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D Definitely not to be missed! Guess what there is to see there, and thereabouts? Yep - hayfields, miles and miles of them!

Seriously, if you have the time the Blue Mountains are well worth a night or two.