Kids Soccer in the south

Guest Welshy

Hi All

A quick question for those of you with kids and/or interested in boys soccer. I have an 8 year old, who played last year for an Under 9s soccer team and we are looking for somewhere for him to do summer soccer school. His primary school dont have a soccer team or do much in way of sport at all and we really need to find somewhere in the South for him to go. Anywhere south of Blackwood really (we live in Woodcroft). Anybody know of anything???

Cheers

Guest andigil

My son is 8 and he played last year for cove soccer ( hallett cove), they are having trials again soon for next season on sun 17th, 24th and 31st october 11.30-1pm at cove sports complex, oval rd hallett cove. His team trained on a mon night and played on a sunday. Contact names are shaun-0428211278 or andy-0450909435, hope this helps.

My son is 11 plays for Lonsdale Lizards..

we are doing a summer competition, think its gonna be on a friday night and probably 7 a side...but not sure what team ages are being entered.....here is the link to the club...i've given you the link for the committee members....contact Sam Hill....

Lonsdale Lizards Soccer Club - Committee Members

During winter my son played for U10...as he was still 10 when the season started...but we had kids in our team as young as 8....so might be worth a call...

noarlunga soccer club play in morphett vale, my son is going to the U10 trials tomorrow 6-730. Google Noarlunga soccer club and ring the contact number, got her on her mobile today.

Try Noarlunga. They don't have a summer club but my hubby is the new coach for the U10's and will welcome any newcomers

Helen

Thats good to know, tell him that Jack will be going today for trials, can't miss him he has bright ginger hair lol. Will tell Pete to look out for your hubby

For playing during the summer, you're best off finding somewhere that does indoor (in an air-conditioned place) football of some sort - most clubs have (or should have) a hot weather policy whereby the kids don't train if it's over a certain temperature - even during the normal (winter) season we've often had to miss training because of this.

What the lads in my son's team do is put together a five-a-side team or two and play that during the off (summer) season which keeps their fitness and skills (and friendships) up. There is also Futsal which I think is 7 a side.

If you are looking for specific sumemr holiday skills coaching, there are a couple of companies that do this - there is one called Football Focus run by a really nice (pommy) guy - here's their website: Football Focus

HTH

Diane

For playing during the summer, you're best off finding somewhere that does indoor (in an air-conditioned place) football of some sort - most clubs have (or should have) a hot weather policy whereby the kids don't train if it's over a certain temperature - even during the normal (winter) season we've often had to miss training because of this.

What the lads in my son's team do is put together a five-a-side team or two and play that during the off (summer) season which keeps their fitness and skills (and friendships) up. There is also Futsal which I think is 7 a side.

If you are looking for specific sumemr holiday skills coaching, there are a couple of companies that do this - there is one called Football Focus run by a really nice (pommy) guy - here's their website: Football Focus

HTH

Diane

Jason (football Focus) is S African, a good guy though. Even though he still hasn't put a link to me on his site....

Di, futsal is 5-a-side.

If they want good football and the best for their kids, they could always move......

Yeah but who really wants to live in the northern suburbs??? :P

**Pete puts on crash helmet and waits for the flak**:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I should state before I get flak, that people on this thread don't necessarily want elite competition, just a kick around, so the Southern comps are probably perfect.

I do play in the best (Senior) Futsal comp on A Tuesday night, I am one of the oldest players (who thinks he is still 20), and there are good teams and some 'not so good'. That one is in Magill, and if anyone wants a serious comp it is without doubt the best here in Adelaide.

Guest Tterrier81
I should state before I get flak, that people on this thread don't necessarily want elite competition, just a kick around, so the Southern comps are probably perfect.

I do play in the best (Senior) Futsal comp on A Tuesday night, I am one of the oldest players (who thinks he is still 20), and there are good teams and some 'not so good'. That one is in Magill, and if anyone wants a serious comp it is without doubt the best here in Adelaide.

u can only say it is the best competition in adelaide if u have played in every comp in adelaide and something tells me u havent

Guest Tterrier81
What is your problem?

my apologies, i have started to turn this thread into one of those pickin other peoples opinions apart and for that im sorry, i just think u made a bold statement about the league u play in sayin its the best in adelaide, personally i dont agree and when i see something i dont agree with i have to say something