Advice on Happy Valley / Seaview areas please

Guest gez500

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well. My wife, 3 kids (8,13,14) and I are coming over to live in Adelaide on the 22nd November. If anyone lives in the Happy Valley, Woodcroft, Reynella East, or Seacombe Heights, Seaview areas, we would be really grateful if you could give us some info regarding the schools, healthcare facilities, shops, and the social aspect of the place. Or anything else that might be useful would be very much appreciated.

We also need to find a rental in one of these areas if you know of anyone with a house to rent.

Regards, Gez

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well. My wife, 3 kids (8,13,14) and I are coming over to live in Adelaide on the 22nd November. If anyone lives in the Happy Valley, Woodcroft, Reynella East, or Seacombe Heights, Seaview areas, we would be really grateful if you could give us some info regarding the schools, healthcare facilities, shops, and the social aspect of the place. Or anything else that might be useful would be very much appreciated.

We also need to find a rental in one of these areas if you know of anyone with a house to rent.

Regards, Gez

The areas you are talking about differ greatly but all are really good in my opinion it all depends on your work and what you like to do and how you get about..

Happy Valley, Woodcroft & Reynalla are all serviced well with schools and the express way and good bus routes.

Not been to Seacombe heights much or Seaview again they have a good schools advantage of nearer to train line but prices are much higher in that area.

I suggest you just get yourselves here and start looking at realestate and going to viewings! We are in the process of moving out of our rental and the demand is high for rentals and prices are going up yikes!

Make sure you have given yourself time to find a rental.

Good luck

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your reply, I'm an electrician, so will be possibly working all over the place. As you say, it's best to actually be there and go looking for ourselves, although it would be nice if we can get something sorted from the UK.

Where abouts are you moving to? I see it's your 1 year anniversary tomorrow :)

How's it been for you guys?

Regards, Gez

Thanks Gez

I know people have arranged a rental before and had no problem but not me sort out some where short term takes the stress out of it lol

We are hoping to stay in the area, ideally in Hallet Cove but prices are going up so not too fussy all round here is nice.

Will be posting our year update tomorrow xx

Good luck with the flights and everything

Michelle

Thank you Michelle,

Not long for us know, still stressed! Hope you find a place ok, it's good to know that all of the areas around there are nice. Will check out your update :D.

All the best, Gez

Hi everyone,

Regards, Gez

Hi...

I live in Happy Valley, have done for over 4 years now. Its a fairly big suburb....there are 3 primary schools which service the suburb....Braeview, Happy Valley Primary and Reynella East. Your local school will obviously depend on which part you live in, although I think you can choose which primary you want...dont think they inforce catchment areas strictly at primary level....you may also find that some parts of Happy Valley are serviced by Aberfoyle Park Schools.

The main High school for the most of the suburb is Reynella East High School...I have one daughter at the high school (year 9) and 2 boys at the primary (year 1 & 5)...have no complaints regarding the schooling they are getting....they ave good facilities over there with more being added....safe routes for walking home as well....

Happy Valley has a very good healthcare facility called Fountain Valley Medical Centre...even better as they bulk bill the majority of care....

There is a small shopping centre on Kenihans Road, which has your basic;s catered for...Foodland, bakers, butchers, etc.......has a maccas and BWS...dvd rental place etc.......but if you want bigger supermarkets, than you are not far from the woolworths at Woodcroft and also Aberfoyle Park Hub which has a pretty good shopping centre.

For a social aspect.....Happy Valley is pretty well serviced with public transport as well. The main buses between noarlunga and marion etc, run through Happy Valley, with good connections up to the city....being very accessible to Noarlunga and Marion, will be great for your teenagers!

Reynella East and Woodcroft suburbs are next to Happy Valley...I walk out of my front door and within 10 minutes or so, i am pretty much in another suburb...but i do live pretty central in Happy Valley. To be honest...any of these suburbs will suit...like anywhere there are some parts that maybe you might not like and some you will.......everyone has different tastes!

Keep a good eye on Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au for rentals coming up.......they do get snapped up pretty quick...as do houses that come on for sale around here.....

Hi Lorluc,

Thanks very much for a such a great review of the area. Cheers for the link too, it's much appreciated. It seems an excellent place to live with everything you could need nearby. We're on the look out for a rental now.

Cheers, Gez

Hi,

Out of the 2 areas mentioned i would go for Seaview.....

I have no idea on the schools so cant comment!!

I would choose purely on closer to city, beach, public transport!

I have a mate at work who lives at Happy Valley and he says after 6pm if you dont live on a main road public transport doesnt exist! And its a large suburb with mayb 1/2 main roads!

Seaview for me!

Dan

Hi

We are currently renting in Seaview Downs and love the area. We pay $350 per week for a 3 bed, 2 bathroom, with lounge, family room and big garden. We are lucky to have views of the sea and city. The area is quiet and hilly. My eldest goes to Seaview high, which in my opinion is a good school, my 10 year old goes to Darlington primary ( is settled there and has a good freind base so didnt want to move him) but my 4 year old will go to Seaview Downs as he currently goes to their kindy. Theres a local bus service and the train stations are about 5 mins away in the car and 20 min walk. We have local shops too, Foodland, post office, chemists etc. The Westfield Marion is close by too. There are local parks and also the beach is only a 5 min drive away. We previously lived in Seacombe Gardens and for me I prefer this side of Seacombe road.

Hope this helps

Jo

Hi Jo,

That does help, thank you very much for your reply. I've been offered some work from a guy who's from Seacombe Heights, he says that this suburb is great too. It's good to hear that the schools are also good at Seaview. I guess it all boils down to where we can find a rental now.

Thanks for everyones input, it's much appreciated. See you in November :D

Cheeers, Gez