Been here 1 Year

Guest thecartwrights

Guest thecartwrights

Well thought I would just drop in and say we have been here for 1 whole year now and absolutely love it, feels like we have lived here forever ;) We live in a lovely area, in a fantastic house with a swimming pool and friends around the corner. We have a fantastc group of friends - both ozzie and pommy and some even pozzie :biglaugh: . so what better way to celebrate by having a BBQ on Saturday night with all our friends and we danced/sang and drank lots :wacko:well into the early hours of the morning, it was good.

Our two girls have settled into life really well and my eldest who is 6 now speaks with a full on ozzie accent and to be honest can't really remember much about life in uk. She is so busy with her new friends and new found activities. Our youngest is nearly 4 she too has lots of little friends and is always wanting to do some sort of activity.

Hubbie's parents have just gone back to the Uk after a 4 week stay and they have gone home happy knowing that we are well and truly settled into our lives here.

Just wanted to say to everyone whether they are in uk still waiting for their visas or have just arrived in Adelaide, its not easy in the beginning settling in but just hang on in there and take each day as it comes, it does get better and better and eventually it will feel like home ;)

If I can be of any help to anyone, of just want to meet up for a coffee/chat please pm me and will help if i can.

Good Luck to you all.

Sarah and family

What a lovely positive post.:jiggy:

We are hoping to come over sometime in the new year and are seariously concidering GG and surounding areas.

Might pm you nearer to the time for more detals if thats ok.

Glad you had a good party and hope the hangovers wernt too bad:)

glad to hear all is going well! it is a roller coaster ride when you first arrive more so if you don't have any family here, and of course there will be things that aren't the same as england. Just watched a programme on abc about the poms that came out here in the early 50's now that would have been a challenge, no phone let alone our instant world of email and web camera's!! Don't know much about the golden grove area as we wanted to settle near the beach, but glad to hear all is going well, if your ever in the Mclaren Vale area pop into Shottesbrooke cellar door for a tasting!

what a reassuring post - thanks :wubclub:

it's good to hear that you can make it 'home' after 'only 1 year!!!

i am still quite interested in your area so might have a question or two further down the line ;)

Guest graandjac

:jiggy:Thanks for a great read glad that all has worked out for you and the future continues to move in upwards direction , hoping to be there in jan/feb.

Cheers Graham & Jacqui

Guest thecartwrights
What a lovely positive post.:jiggy:

We are hoping to come over sometime in the new year and are seariously concidering GG and surounding areas.

Might pm you nearer to the time for more detals if thats ok.

Glad you had a good party and hope the hangovers wernt too bad:)

Hey Ali

Yes of course pm me if I can help at all in any way :) GG is a lovely area to live and bring up children.

Hangovers now gone and ready for next bbq ;)

Speak soon

Sarah

Guest thecartwrights
what a reassuring post - thanks :wubclub:

it's good to hear that you can make it 'home' after 'only 1 year!!!

i am still quite interested in your area so might have a question or two further down the line ;)

Hey Susi

Like i said before feel free to ask away and will help if i can :wacko:

Take Care