The Great Muppet Debate

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Guest sarahsmartiepants
...dont do handouts???

your joking the reason so many lazy bar stewards dont work is cos centre link payments are so bloody good and that is the reason why the north and south have so many "social" problems - dsyfunctional families, kids with no parental role models...i could go on.....but be very careful where you live and if your care about your kids education talk to the teachers who work in the schools - and that goes for uk and ozzie teaching staff

take a look in some of the state schools - the system lets them down and perpetuates the apathay of the next generation - hence there is a skills shortage.....and most oz kids are qualified for subway and kfc work but thats cool at 16 when your driving a v6/v8 like a fkin NUTTER.......

nice write up on a refelctive holiday - revisit this post in 12 months and i wonder how much will be the same....???

oh and the weather is proper crap at the moment and the surfing has been so crap compared to what i use to have in the uk......god how i miss clean constant winds

misinformed forums heads - again - tut tut

australia - yeh thats on the east coast between sydney and ballina - adelaide - so very different more like redneck midwest america.....

fk this place is rock n roll - my neighbour is called elvis

over to you dreamlanders

When I read your post Muppetbro, I get sooo confused:arghh:. They never make any sense to me. It is like you are talking in riddles that only a few can understand...maybe I am not at the same intellectual level as you and that is why I dont understand:goofy:.

sarah

take a look in some of the state schools - the system lets them down and perpetuates the apathay of the next generation - hence there is a skills shortage.....and most oz kids are qualified for subway and kfc work but thats cool at 16 when your driving a v6/v8 like a fkin NUTTER.......

oh and the weather is proper crap at the moment and the surfing has been so crap compared to what i use to have in the uk......god how i miss clean constant winds

Depends what school you are looking in!!. I would suggest a skill shortage is something to do with the lack of funding for apprentiships in years gone by............rather like the UK. In fact , is there actually a lack of tradespeople, or a lack of trades wanting to work for the big builders or go to the mines??

Normal weather for Adelaide, its not queensland:D

Guest graandjac

Hi guys and thanks for your comments - was trying to be honest (on a 12 day stay) without offending anyone and was quite happy to take on board any differences of opinion, but after saying I wasn't gonna rise to the bait,:realmad: I have taken offence to be referred to as a 'misinformed forum head', with rose tinted specs on. After a few differences of opinions with Mr Bro, I had PM'd him to apologise for any attacks I had made towards him (everyone is entitled to an opinion after all - and boy does he have some!) however, I found his response rather demeaning somewhat and totally uncalled for.

Having spent 1 day at Cleland National Park and 3 hours on a beach of our 'reflective holiday' the rest of the time was spent, wisening up to areas (for our own personal benefit), checking out schools and spending as much time doing things that we would do in a 'normal' day without working.

I will be more than happy to write a totally honest response in one year's time, but now a question for you Mr Bro - which I and many others I'm sure have wondered.......why are you in Adelaide if the schooling.....the social system.....the wind.....the surf......the nutter drivers......cost of living and everything else that grinds you - ARE YOU LIVING THERE?? Surely not just because of the land's history??!!

Are you sure you are not working for the British Government trying to put off the good brits leaving this not so great britain? :P

Cheers Graham

...dont do handouts???

your joking the reason so many lazy bar stewards dont work is cos centre link payments are so bloody good and that is the reason why the north and south have so many "social" problems - dsyfunctional families, kids with no parental role models...i could go on.....but be very careful where you live and if your care about your kids education talk to the teachers who work in the schools - and that goes for uk and ozzie teaching staff

nice write up on a refelctive holiday - revisit this post in 12 months and i wonder how much will be the same....???

misinformed forums heads - again - tut tut

australia - yeh thats on the east coast between sydney and ballina - adelaide - so very different more like redneck midwest america.....

fk this place is rock n roll - my neighbour is called elvis

over to you dreamlanders

Guest sarahsmartiepants

, but now a question for you Mr Bro - which I and many others I'm sure have wondered.......why are you in Adelaide if the schooling.....the social system.....the wind.....the surf......the nutter drivers......cost of living and everything else that grinds you - ARE YOU LIVING THERE?? Surely not just because of the land's history??!!

Are you sure you are not working for the British Government trying to put off the good brits leaving this not so great britain? :P

Cheers Graham

A very good question...does he like it here or not.......I cant tell from his posts, (as said earlier I find them confusing):goofy:.

sarah

Look, I can't answer for Muppet, and I know I don't take an active part in this forum - and I certainly wouldn't like to translate some of his more hippy-speak posts (:notworthy:) - but I think he serves a pretty useful purpose.

Just because Muppet opens the discussion to what might be considered the more negative aspects of Adelaide life, doesn't necessarily mean he dislikes it here. It might just mean he is trying to offer a more balanced view of life. Centrelink can be very supportive and we know people (Aussies) that receive such good payments, they work less to ensure they don't lose them. It really is no different here, it's just, perhaps something you won't encounter immediately.

As for schooling...I would suggest that, like the UK, there are good schools with supportive parents and eager-to-learn kids, and then there are schools that just act as a social nanny until the kids are old enough to leave. Many of those kids come from families where the work ethic is not as strong and this can be more prevalent in some areas. That's just a fact and again is really no different to the UK. IMHO!

There are kids that drive V8's like nutters, the same as some young drivers in the UK. It's pretty exciting when you get your P's and can drive whatever you chose all on your own. I think caution comes with experience...how many kids think they are untouchable? That they can't be hurt and will never die? It's surely one of the brilliant bits about being young!

So, I reckon that Muppet serves a useful function. It surely cannot harm anyone to realise that people here are just people, most good, positive, useful citizens, others the same sort of less motivated, less socially aware or responsible people you can find in the UK.

We love it here, and always have - and we've met the Muppet Family and however Monsieur Muppet might seem on here, we find him and his family, very pleasant, positive people with a great sense of humour!:P (A childish smilie, but I love it! No offence meant!)

LC

Sorry Ian, I think your post appeared whilst I was writing! I agree with you, I just wanted to support Muppet! I thought the original post was great fun, informative and I especially enjoyed their 'first sight' reaction.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

A lot of what he says is true...if you can make sense of it! It just seems to jumble all up......making me think while I am reading it......"what :err:"

I agree, you do need people to make a balanced view, far too many people dont, and far too many people dont want to hear it either!

So Mr Muppett, that wasnt an attack on you, just an observation, not that I think you would have thought it was an attack.

Ian, I dont think anyone has to calm down as no one seems to be irrate!:unsure:

sarah

Guest muppetbro

1. @ chrisobrien - gotta a good plot of land at coober but the soil survey failed due to rock which was a shocker but gonna build a cave and join the clangers....

2. @ lazy cow = youre starting to sound like the soup dragon.....

3.@ sarah = urmm i understand myself i guess that matters most but riddles are easier than crossroads

4.@grandjaac - good luck with the local humour cos you might get offended very easily if forums can upset ya......then again youll maybe becomemoredismissive once youre here

p.s. food prices are going up more and more the water sucks to drink and........nathan burns wont last long in the a league

oh and england will always be my home and i will for ever be grateful for what "she" gave me and my family to date........now is the next chapter and i moved here with nothing but POSITIVES and little expectation that ALL things australian would be better........

...and my settee never arrived

1. @ chrisobrien - gotta a good plot of land at coober but the soil survey failed due to rock which was a shocker but gonna build a cave and join the clangers....

3.@ sarah = urmm i understand myself i guess that matters most but riddles are easier than crossroads

4.@grandjaac - good luck with the local humour cos you might get offended very easily if forums can upset ya......then again youll maybe becomemoredismissive once youre here

p.s. food prices are going up more and more the water sucks to drink and........nathan burns wont last long in the a league

oh and england will always be my home and i will for ever be grateful for what "she" gave me and my family to date........now is the next chapter and i moved here with nothing but POSITIVES and little expectation that ALL things australian would be better........

...and my settee never arrived

CLEAN CRISP WINDS WITH SEWAGE UNDERNEATH!! ;)

WHAT IS UP WITH YOU MATE YOU SOUND BITTER.... IF ITS SO BAD IN ALL THE THINGS YOU HAVE SAID ................................GO BACK TO YOUR HOME!!!!:nah:

Look, I can't answer for Muppet, and I know I don't take an active part in this forum - and I certainly wouldn't like to translate some of his more hippy-speak posts (:notworthy:) - but I think he serves a pretty useful purpose.

Just because Muppet opens the discussion to what might be considered the more negative aspects of Adelaide life, doesn't necessarily mean he dislikes it here. LC

Sorry Ian, I think your post appeared whilst I was writing! I agree with you, I just wanted to support Muppet! I thought the original post was great fun, informative and I especially enjoyed their 'first sight' reaction.

Yes there are negative points here that should be aired,...........its just the way he does it :arghh:. Comes over as being very blunt( as I do , no doubt ) .............virtually rude.( not me) .........and lets face it, hes still got a way to go until his first 12 months are up! Its not as if hes been here any length of time to gain much knowledge of the area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having said that , that is his opinion, he knows what he knows,maybe in 12 months he may be singing differently.................or not!

Negative comments are good , but accept what others say as well:)

By the way , I thought the original post was a fair portrayol...........dont agree with it all .............but hey!!!!!!!;)

Guest muppetbro

oh boy im too busy living life to tell you whats good.......

smit you are the original james blunt i am a worthless follower

im still puzzled as to where ive said this place sucks when i said its rock n roll

just watch out for hairy men who ride harleys in the hills

see ya in a few weeks

rain grey clouds and still a drought.......

excuse me just done my first full week of work and got another next week and its a culture shock.....

ciao

Ok Sarah, I'm now totally with you! :wubclub:

Muppet dear, all I can remember re. the Soup Dragon is that she cooks soup in volcanic wells and sounds a bit strange....I rather think I should be offended, unless you are the Clangers and actually like my soup...:huh:

Lazy Cow.

Ok Sarah, I'm now totally with you! :wubclub:

Muppet dear, all I can remember re. the Soup Dragon is that she cooks soup in volcanic wells and sounds a bit strange....I rather think I should be offended, unless you are the Clangers and actually like my soup...:huh:

Lazy Cow.

LMAO YOU ALL KNOW HE IS SITTING BACK AND LAUGHING HIS NUTS OFF AT ALL OF US NOW:biglaugh:

Guest graandjac

;)Thanks Lisa although i feel it is to late and the novel is now lost...!!!, we more than most are fully aware that after arrival in Adelaide the upward struggle starts and things are not as they might seem from the uk. But i tire from the constant negative comments from Mr Bro, to all the new members (under 6 months) if you could look back through the past years posts you would see nothing but constant put downs to anyone who has any good , positive comments about Adelaide from Mr Bro, i would just like to know his motives behind these......?????, it just doesn't make sence....Mr Bro I am more than happy to listen to any advice that you and others might have, but there is a way of going about it even in your last comments its as if you have pleasure about someones land or house build falling through...!!!!!!!!! and in my view you cross the line time after time. Believe me i have a sense of humour and I am one of the most laid back guys you will ever meet.

Cheers Graham

;)Thanks Lisa although i feel it is to late and the novel is now lost...!!!, we more than most are fully aware that after arrival in Adelaide the upward struggle starts and things are not as they might seem from the uk. But i tire from the constant negative comments from Mr Bro, to all the new members (under 6 months) if you could look back through the past years posts you would see nothing but constant put downs to anyone who has any good , positive comments about Adelaide from Mr Bro, i would just like to know his motives behind these......?????, it just doesn't make sence....Mr Bro I am more than happy to listen to any advice that you and others might have, but there is a way of going about it even in your last comments its as if you have pleasure about someones land or house build falling through...!!!!!!!!! and in my view you cross the line time after time. Believe me i have a sense of humour and I am one of the most laid back guys you will ever meet.

Cheers Graham

Have to say I agree with you on this Graham>I'm sorry you feel the novel is now lost we were finding it very useful and intresting. The more respectfull opinions you get the better!

I too have found my self wound up by the muppet on more than one occasion, and as much as this galls me to say i do find that once you can get through the diabolical english and the rudeness I do agree with what he says some times:p. Its not what he says its how he says it:skeptical:. Lazy Cow says hes a very nice person and very pleasant in person and he might be but when he posts hes a negative obno............ beep beep beep.

And I have to admit what really gets my goat is that he comes in posts somthing obnoxious and no one says anything someone rises to the bait and everyone says aww poor muppet. poor muppet my ar... anway rant over out of my system will no longer be rising to anything like that again. So now the :policeman: can slap my wrists, but I feel much better for getting that out of my system!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

This is good isnt it ? NOT:mad: It looks like I started the great Muppett debate.... all I said was I couldnt understand his posts:err:. I am sure I am not the only person who cant understand either if the truth was known. Like a couple of other posters have said some of what he says is true and usefull, but getting throught the way he words it is something else.

I am sorry I invaded your thread Graham, which was very good by the way, but I think I already said that in an earlier post.

sarah

Guest dglamoore

Sorry Sarah - I know you did not start the thread but had to start pulling them away somewhere as the original thread was getting bogged down by everything else which is not fair.

It is a hard card to call as everyone does have the right to post an opinion whether fluffy or not. I think muppet bros post are very ironic and can easily be taken completely the wrong way when read rather than said. I am sure in the past we have all written things that have p**sed other members off but it is sad when it turns into a whipping frenzy on somebodys elses thread which is why these were put here :policeman:

If a member truly offends you there are options - ignore them, pm them or report them :o I am closing this thread now as it makes pretty sad reading and seems to be serving no purpose

Lisa :v_SPIN: