Almost 2 years in...

antlet

I've been very sporadic in my popping in and out of POA - sorry about that! Having spent about 6 months pestering everyone with my constant questions before I came, I have to confess to feeling a little guilty for not checking in moreso, so to this end (and if you remember me that is) I thought I'd give you an update.

We (hubby, daughter and I) arrived on 26th November 2008. I honestly don't know where the last 2 years have gone. For the first 6 months we were very up and down about staying/going and yo yo'd all the time. mainly because although we both found jobs very quickly, it took a while to find the "correct" job, so we moved around a bit for the first year in actual fact...now though I have to say, we have it sussed! (hopefully!!)

Hubby is now working in the executive for a social work agency. His experiences back in europe have stood him in good stead and he is making a real mark in his current role. It's hard and the hours are long, but it is a challenge and he always rises to a challenge in his work. He'd be bored with anything mundane!

Our daughter is thriving. She has just turned 16. Has qualified as a hip hop choreographer and is now teaching both kids and adults the joys of same. She has also joined a band and will (hopefully) be cutting a CD shortly. After year 12 she is hoping to study dance/music at uni and so further her experiences.

I am running my own business in muscular therapy and pilates. I also work with the Australian Institute of Sport/Australian national cycling teams as part of their international and domestic programmes.

It's been a challenging 2 years but we would never change our experiences. We feel we have become stronger, become more open minded and open to whatever apapears in the future. Never say never is our new motto. Will we be here forever? probably not, we have a lot of world to see yet, but we will most definately be taking out citizenship once that time frame becomes available to us, and will most certainly return whenever/if ever we wonder off for a while.

There was one phrase we were told by a POA member way back when we arrived which we kept referring to.....she told us that life is life no matter where you are in the world, bills still have to be paid, homework, beaurocracy is the same, etc....she eloquently described it as "same ****, shinnier bucket".....and it's so true.....thank you, it helped!

I also want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for all their help before and after we came. Ok will stop waffling now.......

• 7 months later...
I've been very sporadic in my popping in and out of POA - sorry about that! Having spent about 6 months pestering everyone with my constant questions before I came, I have to confess to feeling a little guilty for not checking in moreso, so to this end (and if you remember me that is) I thought I'd give you an update.

We (hubby, daughter and I) arrived on 26th November 2008. I honestly don't know where the last 2 years have gone. For the first 6 months we were very up and down about staying/going and yo yo'd all the time. mainly because although we both found jobs very quickly, it took a while to find the "correct" job, so we moved around a bit for the first year in actual fact...now though I have to say, we have it sussed! (hopefully!!)

Hubby is now working in the executive for a social work agency. His experiences back in europe have stood him in good stead and he is making a real mark in his current role. It's hard and the hours are long, but it is a challenge and he always rises to a challenge in his work. He'd be bored with anything mundane!

Our daughter is thriving. She has just turned 16. Has qualified as a hip hop choreographer and is now teaching both kids and adults the joys of same. She has also joined a band and will (hopefully) be cutting a CD shortly. After year 12 she is hoping to study dance/music at uni and so further her experiences.

I am running my own business in muscular therapy and pilates. I also work with the Australian Institute of Sport/Australian national cycling teams as part of their international and domestic programmes.

It's been a challenging 2 years but we would never change our experiences. We feel we have become stronger, become more open minded and open to whatever apapears in the future. Never say never is our new motto. Will we be here forever? probably not, we have a lot of world to see yet, but we will most definately be taking out citizenship once that time frame becomes available to us, and will most certainly return whenever/if ever we wonder off for a while.

There was one phrase we were told by a POA member way back when we arrived which we kept referring to.....she told us that life is life no matter where you are in the world, bills still have to be paid, homework, beaurocracy is the same, etc....she eloquently described it as "same ****, shinnier bucket".....and it's so true.....thank you, it helped!

I also want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for all their help before and after we came. Ok will stop waffling now.......

Hiya, thanks for the useful post.

I was wandering if I could ask you some questions. I see that you have set up your own muscular therapy and pilates company. I run my own Pilates company here in the uk and I am a qualified stott pilates instructor who has been teaching both group and private mat classes for over 6 years and will hopefully be moving to Adelaide early next year. IS Pilates very popular out there? Is there much work and does it pay well. Will I be able to teach on my uk qualifications or will I have to requalify??? Sorry for all the questions. Thank you in advance for your help. Nicki