I thought a thread like this may give those yet to arrive an idea of what faces them. Can as many people as possible have a think and choose 5 good points about living here but also to give it a bit of balance 5 bad points. Here are mine......
1. In my experience I have found the people here are on the whole more friendly or at least less miserable than those of the UK.
2. I love being in built up areas and seeing parrots and other colourful birds flying about. Never stops putting a smile on my face.
3. We can plan trips and visits to places in advance without having to think too hard about a wet weather alternative.
4. We certainly see a lot more blue skies then grey ones. Someone said to me when we first got here "The skies are a lot bigger here" I now know exactly what he meant.
5 My job. Not the best paid by any means but it is one of very few that I have done where I actually look forward to getting up in the morning for.
1. The houses. Yes they are bigger but not as well built as those in the UK. Very poorly insulated which means not only are they hard and expensive to keep warm in the winter but also to keep cool in the summer.
2. Its not just the fact that we moved away from people but how far. I recently became a grandparent for the first time and I can't just jump in the car and pop over to meet my new grand daugter for a day.
3. I can't get a decent pint of Guinness. Yes you can get it here but the important word is 'decent'.
4. Having to watch Adelaide United instead of QPR
5. Those flys. Those damn annoying flys.