At last! a job!

likesshopping

Hi All

Have finally got our computer up and running and thought id pop in to update you all on our good news......after being here for 10 weeks, my OH chris, has landed a job.....in the city.

The 'no job' situation had been really getting us down the a week or so - Chris had given himself 4 -6 weeks to get a job, but once that time was up...we did start to get nervous - as spending money on our new home and no income whatsover was begining to look very scary!

I cant fault my husband - he did everything in his power to get a job - he registered with all the agents and spent most days in the city trying to get work (hes in IT). Eventually his hardwork paid off and was offered a good job........since getting that job, he's been offered a couple more!! typical!

Its still early days for us, but we are still loving it, loving it, loving it here - although, today feels like a sunday in the uk (weather not up to much)..kids bikering and ironing to do..blah.

Kids still really settled and are doing lots of out of school activities. My youngest is going on a school trip next week - going on a small boat out to a local reef..........how lovely is that?

Hope you are all ok - will hopefully speak to all alot more, now Im online again....

sarahx

hello sarah!

congratulations on the job front!! i bet you could hear the tons of rocks falling off your chest :jiggy:

great to hear that the kids are settled already - makes it all worth!

good luck with the rest :cute:

Thats good news Sarah. That 'washed out' farewell must now be a long distant memory. Good for you that things are going well. It also proves what people say about it not being easy. Chris didn't just find a job he had to look damn hard for it. :notworthy:

That must have been a big relief.:)

Pete

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Hi Sarah and Chris

That's excellent news! You can really start enjoying yourselves now.

It must have been getting quite stressfull but I suppose this is all part of the adventure.

Rachel

Guest Rob & Shaz

Hi Guys,

Glad you got a job sorted, although we've not been in touch with you before we have watched your progress with interest as we are from Pershore, and I know you did live in Evesham before the big move.

What area of IT are you involved in Chris? I work in communications, both in Data and Telecoms, but have a mainly IT Engineering background, are there many IT companies in Adelaide? Any advice would be much appreciated.

We are hoping to be in Adelaide by next summer, fingers crossed.

Hope all goes well.

Rob.

Guest paulocon

Hi Sarah, not been online here too for a while - glad to hear you are finally getting sorted and how nice to hear that you love it (thought the novelty might begin to wear off a little after 10 weeks). We are still undecided whether to come out yet or not - so we are coming out for a reccie next March to have a look round.

keep in touch and keep living the dream!!!

Paul x