here since 24th August 07

Guest Denise 42

Guest Denise 42

Hi all

well i am still liking it, somethings are hard like both my teenagers still not be able to get work yet. I'm now applying for both of them to get on my 457 visa might open more doors, and was not told in the UK that because they are still dependent on me could have done this in UK. SO YOU ALL KNOW NOW.

also hubby had a bad start with his work, painter now going self-employed so keep fingers crossed will get some work have advertised.

still trying to look on bright side and thinking of going for perment visa open even more doors for teenagers but get them on 457 visa first and see what happens.

anyone got teenagers mine are 22yrs boy and 19yrs girl we are renting at Hallett cove

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi all

well i am still liking it, somethings are hard like both my teenagers still not be able to get work yet. I'm now applying for both of them to get on my 457 visa might open more doors, and was not told in the UK that because they are still dependent on me could have done this in UK. SO YOU ALL KNOW NOW.

also hubby had a bad start with his work, painter now going self-employed so keep fingers crossed will get some work have advertised.

still trying to look on bright side and thinking of going for perment visa open even more doors for teenagers but get them on 457 visa first and see what happens.

anyone got teenagers mine are 22yrs boy and 19yrs girl we are renting at Hallett cove

Good luck Denise, It can be a long old slog, but things Do get better. I am still up for that coffee if you want

sarah

Hi Denise,

Apart from the job front how have your teenagers settled down? Do any of them drive? Has this caused any problems.

I have 2 sons 10 years and 18 years. The 18 year old works as a driver in England and is just about to do his HGV which includes the one to run a business.

What visa did they go over on orginally and why will the visa make a difference. Mine are going over on my skilled visa.

Regards

Lynne

Guest Denise 42

hi

mine came over on working holiday visa, and loads of pressure thinking they have to return after a year, both unskilled the college fees are way too much but if they are on my 457 visa this will hopefully give them 1) more time 2) possible apprentship 3) when apply for perment can apply altogether