Amazon Kindle

Guest deleriumal

Guest deleriumal

Hey all,

I have been reading about the expense that is book reading in Oz on this forum, and was wondering whether I would be quite clever in purchasing an Amazon Kindle this xmas in time for coming out next year. Books seem to be predominantly fiction but are widely available and since everything would be done online should be able to access books in the uk to download.....

What do you guys think?

The concept is good, but honestly I'd go for a sony over a kindle, accepts many more formats, and you're not tied to Amazon... There are lots of other online sites that sell e-books. I have one of the pocket sony's and it's great. Waterstones had them on sale a couple of months ago, but don't know where the cheapest would be atm.

Guest deleriumal

Sound replies thanks....I will have a look at the Sony, it's not one I have looked at before but since pil are giving me John Lewis's vouchers for birthday and christmas I might be able to buy something for myself this year. Every year they try and every year they shout at me for spending the money on the kids or household stuff so....time to be selfish.

What format's will the Sony take? Will it support the amazon books too since they have such a large selection of non fiction as well as fiction.

alison