Back to Blighty

Guest cazzie

Hi everyone,

We are going back to England on December 14th and I am SO looking forward to it! I have enjoyed the last year of my 2 year and 3 month stay enormously, but have always felt the strong ties back home.

My daughter gave birth to my gorgeous graddaughter, Eleanor, six months ago and I am particularly looking forward to seeing her for the first time. I can't wait to see my lovely mum and my four fab children.

So, marriage is about compromise and Bill and I have made the decision to spend a year in England, and after that we are going to live six months in each country - following the summers of course!

We are very fortunate in that we have flexible jobs and we don't have dependent children, so we will be able to live this hobo existence. We have sold almost all of our furniture and will be renting furnished properties in both countries - it feels so liberating to have no possessions of our own.

Next July, we have a wedding in Italy and are staying in Rome - it will be good to explore more of Europe from England too.

I will miss Adelaide - especially the view from our current Hallett Cove house - just magnificent. I will also miss the blue skies and sunny weather - it will be a real shock landing at Heathrow on December 15th, but equally, it will really 'feel' like Christmas too.

Poms in Adelaide has been a fantastic forum for many reasons; I will still be logging on from England and keeping in touch.

I wish everyone luck in the planning, journeying and living in Adelaide but I am pleased to become a ping-pong pommie.

Cheers,

Cazzie

:notworthy: